Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
neil1489
Trainee Dibber

Well Done British Airways

With all of this mess going on I just thought it appropriate to take a moment and publicly praise British Airways, my flight and car package were cancelled recently and I received an email confirmation of this, within a week the full refund was back on my credit card, I didn't have to contact them at all.

It seems some other companies (most notably Virgin Atlantic) are not quite as good at returning your money as they are at taking at and I for one am waiting for the day when I can rebook my flights and car for next Easter confident in the knowledge that British Airways will refund me should the worst happen and they get cancelled too.
neil1489 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
shearwood
Excited about Disney

we had a hotel booked that was cancelled, had email one day and refund the next, with BA
shearwood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neil1489 View Post
With all of this mess going on I just thought it appropriate to take a moment and publicly praise British Airways, my flight and car package were cancelled recently and I received an email confirmation of this, within a week the full refund was back on my credit card, I didn't have to contact them at all.

It seems some other companies (most notably Virgin Atlantic) are not quite as good at returning your money as they are at taking at and I for one am waiting for the day when I can rebook my flights and car for next Easter confident in the knowledge that British Airways will refund me should the worst happen and they get cancelled too.
Same here had the email & then a week later refund on to credit card
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
shearwood
Excited about Disney

still waiting for our cruise refund from carnival from march 13th ,
shearwood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Compare that to KLM who are openly breaking EU261 and telling lies to their customers.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

It’s a shame that BA flight only bookings don’t seem to being treated the same way, they cancelled our flights on 18th March and I’m still waiting for a refund.
Jaybeez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
neil1489
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
Compare that to KLM who are openly breaking EU261 and telling lies to their customers.
Sorry to hear you're having problems, hope you get it resolved

Its at times like this we should all be sharing our experiences and then when all this mess is over reward those companies who did the right thing by giving them our custom
neil1489 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
Originally Posted by neil1489 View Post
Sorry to hear you're having problems, hope you get it resolved

Its at times like this we should all be sharing our experiences and then when all this mess is over reward those companies who did the right thing by giving them our custom
Agree completely.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We had great service from BA for our upcoming flights with our DS and DD, both with hidden disabilities. They were fabulous sorting our seat allocation and advising us on where to seek help.
I know lots of companies do this, but I was made to feel that it was no trouble at all.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
neil1489
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
We had great service from BA for our upcoming flights with our DS and DD, both with hidden disabilities. They were fabulous sorting our seat allocation and advising us on where to seek help.
I know lots of companies do this, but I was made to feel that it was no trouble at all.
Me too, my middle "child" is autistic and is now of an age where he is treat as an adult, I rang BA and simply asked them bearing in mind his disability would they treat him as a "child" at seat allocation thereby guaranteeing him a seat next to one of his parents because we couldn't really afford the extra expense of booking seats, they couldn't have been more helpful and immediately booked seats for the whole family of 5 both ways for free.