Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Rearranged school holidays 2021 prices

Hi I'm interested in how people have found package prices if they have rearranged for school holidays 2021. Have they been decent compared to what was original price or have they gone a bit wild?

I've got some hotel only and car hire booked with Virgin Holidays worth about £1600. I've looked at a 20 night fly drive in August 2021 and the price is around £5000 for 2 adults and 1 teen direct from Manchester. This is before a flying club discount which hopefully can be applied.

Other option would be swap to equivalent hotel only (but less nights as more expensive)

Thanks
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Hi, I rescheduled my holiday from August 20 to August 21. Direct with Disney 14 nights at CBR in 5th sleeper room with park tickets for 3 Adults (DD is 12) 1 child (7)
Price for this year with free dining £5728.00
Same time, same 5th sleeper room at CBR, obviously no free dining 14 nights, again with park tickets for 3 Adults and 1 child £5028.80

So actually £700 cheaper, although most people have been saying next year is more expensive.

Edit
We had paid to upgrade dining plan from QSDP to full DDP where as we don't have any dining plan booked yet for next year.
Also the current offer is a reduction in price if you buy tickets with room so we have a £137 discount on new booking.

Edited at 08:30 AM.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just remember exam dates look to be shifted back. Not sure if your teen will be affected?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Steffib
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

I have just rearranged from this August to Feb next year. We’ve decided to tag an extra week on after half term, but we are flying on the friday the kids break up. Flights were over £1k cheaper than August, and that’s PE both ways (august ticket was just outbound). Also the hotel was cheaper, but obviously no free dining...
hope this helps
Steffib is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

We changed from 8th August this year for three weeks to 7th August next year, equivalent holiday. For 2a and 2c it was an additional £900. This is for Universal hotels though, we were not going to Disney. I wasn't happy about the additional £900 but glad I changed it when I did as I have seen some horrific increases which, without a doubt, would have priced us out of Florida.
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alohomora View Post
We changed from 8th August this year for three weeks to 7th August next year, equivalent holiday. For 2a and 2c it was an additional £900. This is for Universal hotels though, we were not going to Disney. I wasn't happy about the additional £900 but glad I changed it when I did as I have seen some horrific increases which, without a doubt, would have priced us out of Florida.
Within one week the fly drive increased by £250 eek
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Unless people know their flight class/fare they can’t be comparing like for like other than dates/duration?

More expensive or cheaper could simply be having a ticket that was more flexible or not to another, or could be a certain number of cheaper seats in that fare, they sell out and price increases etc.? A number of variables to consider (+ exchange rate?)

Edited at 07:38 AM.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
Hi, I rescheduled my holiday from August 20 to August 21. Direct with Disney 14 nights at CBR in 5th sleeper room with park tickets for 3 Adults (DD is 12) 1 child (7)
Price for this year with free dining £5728.00
Same time, same 5th sleeper room at CBR, obviously no free dining 14 nights, again with park tickets for 3 Adults and 1 child £5028.80

So actually £700 cheaper, although most people have been saying next year is more expensive.

Edit
We had paid to upgrade dining plan from QSDP to full DDP where as we don't have any dining plan booked yet for next year.
Also the current offer is a reduction in price if you buy tickets with room so we have a £137 discount on new booking.

Does this include flights? I’ve been pricing up CBR for 2 adults & 2 children (11&9) in the summer holidays and it’s coming out around £9-10k including tickets. It’s very unlikely we’ll go next year as can’t afford those prices with no dining but obviously I have to price it up at least once a week 🙄
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Millymops
slightly serious Dibber

Changed from this August to. Next 5 people extra 4 nights with car hire and it's an extra 2800
Millymops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Thanks for everyone's input. I can see prices are a fair bit higher. We currently got reward flights due to be cancelled so I wanted to see how far out I was with the Virgin price