Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jul 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Hybrid Cars

Has anyone got one?

We put our house up for sale on Friday, and we've had 9 viewings, so we hope it might sell quickly. We've been looking at houses to buy, and we love one quite a way from where we live now, which would increase our daily commute by quite a lot (by Isle of Man standards).

We aren't making any decisions at this point, but it has made me wonder if I should consider a hybrid, if we do move significantly far away from where we are now.

I currently have a diesel Mercedes GLC, which is 2 years old and done 14,700 miles, and I'm planning to clear the finance if/when our home sells. I have thought about going back to a hatchback, but I love the higher driving position, extra space and the boot is perfect for the dogs. However, I'm anxious to avoid saddling myself with lots of finance when we're already looking at a big mortgage.

So what hybrids do other Dibbers have? Would you recommend it or not?
Old 1 Jul 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I've had a Kia Niro as my company car for just over 12 months and have found it very comfortable to drive. There wasn't much choice on the company car list when I ordered - Kia Niro, Toyota C-HR or Prius. I test drove them all and preferred the Kia, it also had more gadgets and there was more room in the back.

The boot space isn't huge though (I think the battery might be under the boot) which could be an issue if you have dogs.

Edited at 03:12 PM.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a Toyota CHR and love it! I’ve had that a year and a half now. The boot is spacious, it sits higher up than a normal car so great for my country roads and is so efficient! I had a Yaris for 3 years before that which was too small but still efficient. Both on PCP which has worked out brilliant as keeps payments down and allowed me to change easily when the three years were up.
DH also has a Toyota Prius three and half years. He loves that too. Also started on PCP and then normal car finance for next three years to pay it off
I’d highly recommend a hybrid. Just be aware they are automatics, which I was concerned about until I test drove one. Love that part of it now too!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I had a 2001 plate Toyota Pruis when they first came out, we got a government grant for having one of the first 2000 launched.

Really clever car, absolutely nothing wrong with it, I hated it with a passion, it was the most boring, dull car to drive.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’ve just ordered the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV getting it in the next few days. It’s drives lovely on test drive and some really good reviews 😊
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I’m on my third Toyota self charging hybrid - love them.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Mark
Getting Excited

I'm picking up my first Hybrid on Friday, a Toyota C-HR.

1998 - Off Site WDW 2000 - Off Site WDW 2002 - CBR 2004 - CSR 2006 - POR 2008 - Disneyland Hong Kong 2008 - CBR 2011 - Atlanta/SSR 2015 - Michigan/OKW 2017 - DCL/SSR 2018 - ST Augustine/SSR 2019 - DCL/POFQ
Mad Mark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Another with a Toyota CH-R. This is my second one and was new in March. My first wasn't a hybrid though.

I love this new new 2.0 hybrid one but have to say the boot is a lot smaller than my last CH-R.

But love the car.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I have a Toyota Yaris hybrid. I love it! It’s so cheap to run, comfortable, and reliable.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mind if I hop on this thread?

One of the things that put me off was the home charging station. Did you have one already or have to install. I have read horror stories of high costs (esp if you need to have an external lockable one which we might need).

I have been looking at the Prius, need to do some boot space surveys!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List