Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Oct 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Octopus Energy

Does anyone have them as their Electricity supplier? if so would you recommend them?

Our current deal with Scottish Power is about to end so I’m shopping around
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I am always wary of companies who "employ" people to go door to door to sell their services. We have had a couple of people at our down during the middle of lockdown trying to get us to move to Octopus.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

We have been with Octopus for a couple of years without problems. They ask for a monthly meter reading and then send an updated bill by email, so you know exactly where you stand. They are very highly rated by Which?.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

I have been with them for over a year , never had any issues so I cant say how good their customer service is. I need to look around for a new tariff now but if they are the cheapest then I would stay with them.
Old 16 Oct 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We moved to them about a year ago, online comparison site. No issues with them, we pay duel fuel monthly and text our readings over when they ask for them.
Old 16 Oct 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been with them a year, if you have any friends or family with them ask if they can refer you - you'll both get £50 credit to your accounts! My Dad did this when I joined - neither of us have had any complaints with them at all
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

We been with Octopus few years find them great as you know exactly where your at with monthly readings/bills, would defo recommend
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

We moved to them a couple of months ago after being with scottish power for years. I like the monthly readings. We will be testing their customer service in the new year as we will need to have our meters moved when we do the building work on our kitchen/garage conversion, but so far have been happy with them! I did it through Uswitch as was unhappy with the huge increase SP wanted!
Old 16 Oct 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, great information, another question, we have a smart meter but it’s a very old one, is this likely to be an issue?
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Thanks everyone, great information, another question, we have a smart meter but it’s a very old one, is this likely to be an issue?
Chances are it will no longer be a smart meter. All depends on what they can access remotely. It’s why I refuse to have one until they get standardised
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List