Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jun 11, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Yeah Natalie just stretching out the stomach in preparation you know. ;-) the scales didn't look very good this morning. Oh well. Not much I can do now. Lolz.

2 more sleeps!
Old 5 Jun 11, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Hey girls

Its official, I'm pathetic, and totally ok to admit it.

I've now ordered some shakes as of yesterday, had a horrible week and totally fell off the wagon .. and possibly the side of a cliff.

I had my dress fitting on Thursday, I didn't feel comfortable, I felt huge in it, I was not impressed at all. The I looked at pics of when I first tried it on last year and then of Thursday and I'm definitely bigger. I loved it cos my waist looked lovely and tiny and now it doesn't ... was all I could do not to cry.

With 4 weeks to the wedding, there isn't a lot I can do but that doesn't mean I'm not going to give it a damn good go!

Few questions for Nat ...

do you have a shake for breakfast and lunch, and have a healthy dinner?

Do you take any supplements along with them?

Can you snack, if so what on?

Any other advice that you can give me would be much appreciated!

Other than that, I have yet another abscess in my mouth im on my second course of antibiotics and am booked in for a root canal the week before the wedding. Its on my front tooth which is making it near impossible to eat anyway!

Also got told in work today that I basically have to get better soon or I'll be out of a job, great stuff...all in all its been a rubbish week, hopefully getting back on track as of right now.

Away to see if I can get any shakes on the high street so I can start sooner, as David has decided he wants a go too!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 11, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Tracy with so little time to go you really need to stay strong. You want to look your best and that includes your skin, hair, nails etc and Dominos definitely won't give you that glowing look that you want (except for the grease of course! )

4 weeks is plenty of time to make a change, you could lose plenty in that time!

So if shakes is something you think you can do, then do it!

I have a shake for breakfast and lunch (though I have them late as otherwise the wait for dinner is horrid!). My plan also gives me green tea type beverage (increases metabolism) and also some supplements too but I'm sure you can get all of it from the high street. I wouldn't pay for my plan at full price, it's just I get it at cost because my mum is a distributor. Then in the evening I have a fairly healthy meal. I say fairly healthy as I'm not as strict as I used to be on WW, I don't think my WW would be enough to satisfy me and I look forward to my one meal every day.

Had a fairly quiet weekend. Worked yesterday, chilled in the afternoon followed by BGT final. Woke up at 10am this morning, unheard of for us! Went to Tesco, did the ironing, and then watched Tangled and Alice in Wonderland (the cartoon version). I am laying here very nervous about tomorrow's weigh in. I think it's because I am hoping to cross a big milestone to get me into the 12s and I don't 'feel' like I've lost this week so I'm nervous I won't do it. I have been really good all week apart from Monday's Chinese but that wasn't even terrible! I had 1 lower carbs day, and popcorn as normal on Saturday and admittedly 2 bites of chocolate. I really hope the shakes are still doing it for me. Would love to see another 2lb as that'll be slow and steady which I'm happy with but I am very nervous, I have to admit! Not because I've been naughty but because it doesn't feel right losing weight with the food I'm eating but I've been better this week than I have been since I started the shakes, doesn't make any sense.

Got turkey meatballs tonight and I will have a handful of pasta, that's all. Was hoping to eat early but Matt doesn't want to eat til the kids go home so that'll be 7pm. Just hope it all goes down by WI tomorrow morning.

2 weeks left til I have a week off so counting down for that!

I'm also expecting to hear from my dad this week which makes me nervous as although I said in my email that we're booking Florida I expect he thinks it's just words, although it's not. In fact, I'm off to amend my countdown in a minute to remove the UK wedding bit. Our day is all planned out, roughly, we have 2 options re timings, so once it's booked with Carrie and Randy, then I'll update my pre-trippie! Scary times! I know everyone else will respect our decision, but my dad, and consequently my sister, I worry about!

Right, off to finish watching Toy Story 3 and finish tidying up!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 11, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Hey nat

I know Ive let myself down, it really has been a lousy week and I'm the definition of a comfort eater, the more fat I feel the more I eat ... which is just stoopid! The dominos was Davids fault, but I only had 3 slices, which doesn't excuse me but at the same time, it could have been worse, that was a medium I can finish a large on my own easily.

I need a good telling of Kel style, but it wont make a difference, i've annoyed myself so much, I can barely touch food today.

I had 2 x weetabix with skimmed milk for breakfast, the David wanted to go for a "last supper" at Harvester. But I wanted to be good so I ordered the salmon and just ate the salmon and a couple of green beans, I got the dressing on the side, so only had a tiny bit of it over the salmon. Chicken stir fry tonight, left the noodles out of mine, but can hardly eat it, had a couple bites of chicken but not really enjoying it, my tooth hurts way too much.

I've slept pretty much all afternoon today, I'm so tired! I can't believe I'm back in work tomorrow .. eek. Still so much I wanted to do this evening. Ah well, it can wait till I'm feeling bettererer.

Anyway onwards and upwards from here, shakes are ordered for me and David, I have to do it, I have no choice at this stage in the game, this close to my wedding I should be at my goal weight and I'm not even close. I've had to reassess my goals, and hopefully can get somewhere close by wedding day, no one wants to be a fat bride!

I am super motivated now, and sooooo bloody excited about Florida there are no words. I'm going to go through my suitcase tonight and be realistic over what clothes will fit and which can go away then I'm going to study them closely and picture in my mind how ridiculous I'll look if I dont lose a few pounds.

Nat, hope you get the wedding sorted hun, it will be here before you know it. Last time I remember thinking, Gosh mine is close was the 5 month countdown and now its 4 week, tomorrow its 3 weeks and 6 days, which is sooooo much sooner!

I'm sure youll be fine with WI this week, the shakes really seem to be working for you, I'm looking forward to trying them, I just hope I have the willpower to keep it up for 3 weeks. Which is nothing in the grand scheme of things

Thanks for all your help and advice x
Old 5 Jun 11, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Tracy, I'm glad you're angry at yourself, without sounding mean, as you're the only one that can do this. Noone can do it for us!

Nice confession abou the large pizza btw, something about Dominos but I can easily finish a large, plus a slice of Matt's and a garlic pizza bread with room for more! It's disgusting really and I'm really proud that I refrained as I would have felt so guilty tonight otherwise whereas I know this week I really have been pretty good, could make better food choices but it's nice having such freedom and mum's telling me my choices are ok! She was even surprised when I couldn't finish my Chinese! I was wearing tighter clothes last Monday and the first thign my grandad said to me was that I'd lost a lot of weight and mum said that she really can tell in my face, legs and tummy now and my friend Charmaine at work said the same. Just got to keep it up! Meatballs nearly ready so a nice high protein meal. At least I know, if I don't lose, what I can change next week but I so desperately want to see those 12s tomorrow!

Can I share a feeling with you all? The more weight I'm losing, the more self conscious about my body I'm feeling. I'm fine in front of Matt, deffo more comfortably being naked etc but I never used to mind wearing tight clothes when I was bigger but now I'm favouring my baggy clothes, not because of comfort but because I am still feeling larger than I'd like to be and as I get smaller I'm feeling more self conscious of it. Same about my upper arms. Mine aren't at all flappy so why am I feeling like they're horrid! They're pretty firm but I feel like I've got big saggy skin obese arms which I haven't at all! It's so wierd! I should be feeling loads better which I am, but I'm also more reluctant to reveal myself! Wierd! I'm not depressed about it or anything it's just funny how different I feel in that respect!

Thanks Tracy, hope to get it all sorted soon! We know our plans now and have good reason to be choosing the route we are but I'm still afraid of the reaction when we tell others as they were so happy when we told everyone!
On a brighter note (and speaking of, where is Kim! ? ! ) apparently on Disney Cruise you can get special different Just Married badges! Excited!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 11, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post

hi everyone hope your all ok, sorry not been on had a hetic week, i haven't been well, run down again then tue was jacob's first bday and his party today!
couldn't believe the rain, as we had a bouncy castle! but while kids were here it didnt rain luckerly

not read many posts but liz i have ceved had burger and chips and sweets today, but just think only one week, so excited for you

really back on it tomoz though only got 5months and this month my dress comes eeeek !

you seem to be doin well nat thats good

amy omg so excited for you too! not long youl have as great time just you two

xx
Old 5 Jun 11, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Glad Jacob's party went well Rach!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 5 Jun 11, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hey ladies. I feel the same as you Nat - not sure if I've lost anything this week, as scales aren't moving. Bit bunged up, but even so. Been good this week, all week. Shakes and protein pretty much, and lots of arm weights.

So, here is a pic of me in my dress. Ignore my arms - am paranoid about the redness (keratosis pilaris), because on the day I'll be using body foundation on them, so you can't see it, but didn't have any on.
Hair and makeup terrible too, as we'd just moved everything out of the office to home, so I'd been rushing around.

[./photo/my-images/841/04062011316.jpg/][/URL]

Today has been so, so busy, but got loads done. I wanted to wear Chanel Chance for the wedding day, as wanted something I've not worn before so that whenever we smell it, we're reminded of the day. You wouldn't believe the trouble finding it, as loads of Boots don't stock it and wanted to use my points.

Got home and wrote out place cards, finished table plan (see below), wrapped some more bridal party presents, finished table cards and put some wedding trivia on the back of them, typed up veggie menus. Absolutely shattered.

So pleased with it. Not sure how it will look in a pic, but love it in the flesh. We've done a lot of personal touches and I'm so pleased, as it makes it a bit different.

Nat - fingers crossed on hearing from your Dad hun. I can comfortably polish off a large pizza, with pepperoni and a side of chicken strips.

Amy - woohoo hun, not long now, bet you're bursting at the seams. Don't worry about food, like Nat says, you need practice!

Kim - where are you lady? Gone AWOL!

Rach - hope Jacob's party went well, bet that was tiring though! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Tracy - you're far too close to be eating Dominos! In some ways it's easy to lose focus when you get close, but now is the time for the last push. I lost a lot of weight a few years back on Cambridge diet, using shakes, but you still need focus. It can be hard. Are you planning on doing shakes alone or having an evening meal like Nat?

Right, off to bed to read my wedding magazine - probably the last I will read before the day. Can't believe it's only 5 days away. Am so, so excited. This time next week I'll be on my honeymoon

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 11, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post

yeh we had a great day even if it did rain

omg liz you look stunning in your dress, so gorgeous, love it!

and i love that table plan really good.

awww so excited for you not long now x
Old 5 Jun 11, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

i am just watching old 'vanished' disney rides and just watched a video of river country, i always wanted to go there as a kid but it was always shut in oct for refurbishment! then it shut down

x
Closed Thread