Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 May 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

I am clearly getting old and square - why would they have had to condemn your house if your neighbours were making meth?
Depending on how it is manufactured it is a pretty massive environmental toxin. It wouldn't be safe to live there without some major overhauls.
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
...Pocahontas.

..she was - in Poot's words - "...just TOO beautiful. When [he] looked at her [his] mouth wouldn’t work."

Poor Pocahontas, Poot kept SMILING at her - and she tried to pull him towards her...

...but he couldn't say a word. So cute!
*Floored*

(If only more people could honestly admit when their mouths just won't work!)

Shame about your neighbour.

Good to hear R.C. is doing so well, though!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
Depending on how it is manufactured it is a pretty massive environmental toxin. It wouldn't be safe to live there without some major overhauls.

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
*Floored*

(If only more people could honestly admit when their mouths just won't work!)

Shame about your neighbour.

Good to hear R.C. is doing so well, though!

I know, right? Just precious!

And...

If only more people could honestly admit when their mouths just won't work!

...truer words were never spoken.

I will REALLY miss my neighbour. He's become the big brother I never wanted!

Edited at 09:04 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I'm quite upset to hear your neighbour is moving, he was a great supporting character in your soap opera life!

Do you think he'd consider letting you interview potential buyers?
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 04:42 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
...and à propos of nothing...I finally saw Darkest Hour this afternoon. Poot and I took our lovely neighbour to a matinee at a nearby community cinema.

What a stirring film (and - as you know - I am about as far from English as it is possible to be)!

You'll be proud of me, I only blubbed a little.
Well done for keeping a stiff upper lip (well almost ). I have watched that film 3 times now.
That story about bad neighbours is making me freak out slightly for my move back to the UK. I did know about the whole "no snow on the roof thing" - watched a documentary about it.
I've just booked in for my first few days in London at the start of the new job and I have booked somewhere I think you would approve of and which makes me smile at the name. It's called the Goodenough Club.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I'm quite upset to hear your neighbour is moving, he was a great supporting character in your soap opera life!

Do you think he'd consider letting you interview potential buyers?
Thank you.

I was just SICK when I found out (though I smiled and tried to be encouraging).

He's nearly 80 - and I think he wants to be somewhere that's a) less work and b) closer to his daughter and grandchildren.

And I make tasty baked goods...but I don't think they quite measure up to seeing his family on a more frequent basis.

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Well done for keeping a stiff upper lip (well almost ). I have watched that film 3 times now.
That story about bad neighbours is making me freak out slightly for my move back to the UK. I did know about the whole "no snow on the roof thing" - watched a documentary about it.
I've just booked in for my first few days in London at the start of the new job and I have booked somewhere I think you would approve of and which makes me smile at the name. It's called the Goodenough Club.
Too bad the neighbour missed that documentary!

But I suppose it's a risk worth taking - since it's very rare that snow settles on roofs in this part of the country. I think it's only happened twice in the fifteen years I've lived here.

I'm sure your new (to you) neighbours will be wonderful. In fact, I'm downright certain that one will be a tall, handsome, rugbyish sort of chap...

Teehee...you're right. I do like "The Goodenough Club". Very much. Do let us know if it's good...enough. As you know, I am notorious (much to R.C.'s confusion and annoyance!) for selecting places based on their names.

We stayed at this hotel in Cardiff...

And ate at this restaurant in London...

...just because the names made me giggle.
Old 23 May 18, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Did you get a big sleep at that hotel ? The description of the communal dining hall from the Goodenough club is that it is "like the Harry Potter dining hall". Let's hope the food is equally as magical.
As for my new neighbours, I sincerely doubt I'll be that lucky.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Did you get a big sleep at that hotel ? The description of the communal dining hall from the Goodenough club is that it is "like the Harry Potter dining hall". Let's hope the food is equally as magical.
SOMEBODY has to live next to sexy rugby players! Why not you?

I stayed at TBS with my best girlfriend...we took many amusing (to us, anyway) snaps with the various hotel signs. And I DID get a big sleep there, since that morning we had returned the rental car after some *challenging* winter driving in the Welsh mountains. I've never been so happy to return a car!

PLEASE post some snaps if that hotel really is like Hogwarts! 'Cause I've eaten in many a communal dining hall...and so far - no.
Old 23 May 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The postman has just brought me a very early birthday giraffe (Jim got very confused as he was expecting my resized ring in the post) . Thank you Poot and April it was very thoughtful xx
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

If you are playing the new Harry Potter Mystery game the only food you'll be getting is sandwiches...

(if you aren't playing, the game is awful- don't.)
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List