Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Oct 18, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Mobile Toddler in LA

We are visiting friends at Christmas and I need ideas for LA. We will go to the LA Zoo, and do one day at Disneyland. We've heard about travel town.

Any other suggestions? She is 18 months, so we basically plan one activity a day, and that's plenty.

We are staying in Sherman Oaks, so more north in the city
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Grump$
Excited about Disney

There's a few chuck-e-cheese's in that area. If I remember there's a few games and rides for toddlers. Just remember to bring hand sanitiser for a quick wipe down.
Grump$ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleB
Imagineer

Day at the beach, Santa Monica or Malibu?

Farmers Market and The Grove shopping, nice area for a wander with lots of shops and restaurants, including American Girl Place, (she may be a bit young for that) LACMA , Brea Tar Pits and Petersen Auto Museum are close by if anyone has any interest in those.

Disneyland will be very busy at Christmas, usual advice is to stay in Anaheim if you can, journey from LA can take two hours plus.

WDW Feb 2007 Bahama Bay
Beach Club/HRH/ Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010 New York April 2012
HRH and OKW August 2014. Boston, White Mts and Maine 2016
Planning for California Sept 2019
MichelleB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We're taking a 6 month old in March and will do what we do now, Disneyland, Universal,Hollywood, Huntingdon Beach
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
We're taking a 6 month old in March and will do what we do now, Disneyland, Universal,Hollywood, Huntingdon Beach
What do you do in Hollywood? (What do you enjoy there?)

We have traveled extensively with our daughter and the 4-9 month period was definitely the easiest. I hope your trip with your 6 month old goes great. When our daughter was that age, we basically didn't have to plan anything for her. My daughter is no longer interested in doing the things we do, and we have to give her things to do.
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
Day at the beach, Santa Monica or Malibu?

Farmers Market and The Grove shopping, nice area for a wander with lots of shops and restaurants, including American Girl Place, (she may be a bit young for that) LACMA , Brea Tar Pits and Petersen Auto Museum are close by if anyone has any interest in those.

Disneyland will be very busy at Christmas, usual advice is to stay in Anaheim if you can, journey from LA can take two hours plus.
I like the American Girl Place idea. She might just be in awe. If she expresses interest, maybe a bitty baby.

I'm torn about disney. Her Dad is going scuba diving, so it would just be me. The crowds make me so nervous though.
Old 24 Oct 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
What do you do in Hollywood? (What do you enjoy there?)

We have traveled extensively with our daughter and the 4-9 month period was definitely the easiest. I hope your trip with your 6 month old goes great. When our daughter was that age, we basically didn't have to plan anything for her. My daughter is no longer interested in doing the things we do, and we have to give her things to do.
She's our granddaughter , she comes with us next week (shes 9 weeks) to north carolina & florida.. starting her off young like we did our kids .

We tend to have a few hours in Hollywood, wandering around, this year we did the waxworks which wasn't too bad, then go to Rodeo Drive, Wilshire and maybe end up at Santa Monica

As for Disneyland we go over Spring Break which is busy but its not too bad , probably be worth paying for the Max Pass though so you could get on the rides that would interest her.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List