Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Oct 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy1979
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by kaip View Post
What dates are you looking at, I've been looking at oct/nov and the prices are through the roof
I’ve just booked for November next year for two weeks and paid less than last year.

£4500 for a moderate resort with 14 day tickets for 4 and that’s with upgrading the dining plan from quick service.
Just need to book flights when they come out but that’s only going to be about £1500 on BA
Andy1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

This is our experience...though that is somewhat old now, having not been there since 2011.

Sanford usually wins on Immigration queues. It "TENDS" to be quicker, and that would normally offset some if not all and more of the the difference in transfer time. .Its much more likely that you will hear nightmare stories from MCO immigration queues than Sanford, but as the above post shows, nothing is guaranteed, it's all about how busy you get it on the day.

The drive from Sanford is definitely further, that doesn't change. So MCO always wins that one.

Sanford used to be generally cheaper, but I've not really seen that since Tui are charging a premium for flying on their more fuel efficient dreamliners (work that out!), and Thomas Cook moved to MCO.

It's very much swings and roundabouts, but we've preferred MCO due to magical express, and no cost saving. We've used that to cut the hire car costs, taking a smaller car after a couple of days from the car care centre.
Old 27 Oct 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Only ever once went via MCO & would never do so again (unless desperate) always go via Sanford now, lovely airport, 45 mins off plane and driving out of airport is hard to beat for a start!

Edited at 04:03 PM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

If a package with Tui they provide a transfer
I was off the plane and in the uber within 45 minutes of landing. I was in premium but also didn't know how to use uber so took a few minutes to sort it.

At Sandford you probably don't need to be there 3 hours before the flight like at MCO

I'm flying to MCO in January so will be able to compare.
Old 27 Oct 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Flew into Sanford this year for the first time in 18 years and couldn't fault it. TUI flight was excellent and getting through immigration, getting baggage and hire car a breeze.
Big plus for me was how easy it was on return to get through security, absolute delight,however whatever you do don't go above the 23kg case weight, saw many a family repacking from one case to another
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmymcw
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by kaip View Post
What dates are you looking at, I've been looking at oct/nov and the prices are through the roof
Hi,

We were looking at June and was 4200 roughly for 2 people
Emmymcw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmymcw
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you everyone for your replies really appreciate it
Emmymcw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Flew into Sanford this year for the first time in 18 years and couldn't fault it. TUI flight was excellent and getting through immigration, getting baggage and hire car a breeze.
Big plus for me was how easy it was on return to get through security, absolute delight,however whatever you do don't go above the 23kg case weight, saw many a family repacking from one case to another
Yep, forgot to mention it earlier, but we also fell foul of this at Sanford. I'm not sure international departures was quite the right place for a "domestic", but that's what happened All ended well though, we kept all of our stuff, and paid no extra, other families were not so lucky.
Personally I think it's airline driven rather than airport driven though !
Old 28 Oct 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We much prefer Sanford. Much smaller and everything seems a lot quicker and friendlier (in our experience).
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We’ve flown there twice and found it fine, didn’t have problem with immigration for wait times. First time out and onto coach for TUI second time we had a private transfer - really easy.
On return, there really isn’t much to do once through security, food is passable, just - in future I would grab something before heading to the airport. I just remember it being boring waiting- I’m always a bit twitchy waiting to board however you don’t have to worry about leaving time to get to the gate etc as it’s so small you can see it from wherever you’re sitting.
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List