Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Jun 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmymcw
Getting Excited

Mobile CBR - Buses

Hi everyone,

We booked to stay at CBR next year. We’ve never stayed here before and are thinking that the new gondolas will take the pressures off some of the buses. However I’m having a slight wobble as I have heard people say the buses are a let down and the quick service restaurant is always queuing and a nightmare. For those that have stayed there is it really that bad?
Emmymcw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed there back in 2016 so before all the construction and changes, but we found the buses absolutely fine, never waited more then 10 minutes for one and the quick service food area was also fine, we didn’t have long queues and could always find somewhere to sit, but like I said that was before all the changes
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Likewise we also stayed in 2016 and didn't have an issue with buses. We did have to wait longer on occasions that the 10 minutes that Goosey Lucy did but we always allowed sufficient time and so never missed any reservations or RD's.

We also had no issues with the quick service restaurant.

I would have definitely stayed there again for my next trip had it not been for all the building work and the gondolas. Personally I'm concerned that this will change the theme and feel of the resort for me. I don't mean that it will be a bad thing for the resort, it may very well all be amazing. I just loved it as it was and don't want to risk going again in case I don't like the changes as much. Plus there are so many other fabulous resorts to try out.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Stayed there last year and will be this year. The bus situation is the same at every resort. Plan ahead expect to que for a bus as there’s so many people doing what your doing. The buses run about every 15 to 20 minutes. They follow route around the resort and then go to your destination. If your hoping to arrive at magic kingdom for rope drop the leave 1 hour 30 minutes before that time. That goes for all resorts. It takes time on the buses. However CBR location is great for Mk HS and Epcot. Once the gondolas are up and running it will make getting to the parks so quick and easy.
As for the spy glass grille it’s the best quick service restaurant at Disney for cleanliness and quality. Really friendly and good choice. It was never overcrowded when we went.
It’s also the only resort that has drinks machines 24 hrs in all areas of the resort to save you going to the main reception area. It’s a brilliant resort.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmymcw
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you so much for your replies really appreciate it. I feel much better and looking forward to staying there
Emmymcw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pete1
Getting Excited

Mobile

Just returned from a fortnight in CBR. The buses are fine, no real issues at all. The on site quick service restaurant on the other hand is shockingly bad for mobile ordering. They messed every order up except 1 for us. Food is ok, nothing to shout about. The little restaurant was nice but little. The main restaurant was pleasant.
Pete1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List