Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Apr 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
Might just empty it and start over. I want to clean the awning above it so I suppose it being out the way will help. We wanted to use it tonight - think that idea is out of the window if we have to empty and refill :/
We fill ours initially with hot water as I read the gas boiler is cheaper to run than the spa heater .
Old 16 Apr 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP sounds like you might have overdone it with the chlorine it takes a while to get used to dosage.
Sunlight breaks down chlorine surprisingly quickly so if it’s sunny where you are, I’d unwrap the tub and let nature do its thing.
Alternatively you could change out half the water to dilute levels, and this will be quicker to reheat.
We started out with a lazy spa inflatable tub, most expensive thing ever as it made us realise how much we loved it, and we ended up buying an arctic swim spa 😱! The big bonus is it retains temperature and actually is pretty easy to maintain levels and live with.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Mobile

I would agree with the advice above. We have been there with the levels. You do get the hang of it eventually though.

Mice destroyed ours this winter in the garage 😭. I can't wait until we can get another. They seem to be out of stock everywhere at the moment though! A new inflatable and cover would cost us £350, we may aswel order a completely new one, when we can!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
madasahat
Imagineer

just leave the lid of sunlight destroys chlorine

The Effects of Light
Hypochlorite breaks apart when ultraviolet radiation from the sun hits it, releasing the chlorine as gas into the atmosphere. Sunlight is so effective at reducing chlorine that a bright, sunny day can do so by 90 percent in just two hours.
orlando sun Villa 2011 2012 2013 villa velvet 2014 Killa villa 2015 orlando sun villa 2017 lake berkeley 2018 lake berkeley 2022
madasahat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for all your advice - I’ve taken it all onboard for the future. We emptied it, I cleaned my awning and now it’s nearly full again - I’ve just shocked it with the granules and I’ll try the tablets tomorrow, I’ll just use one though. I do love the hot tub and I’m so glad we bought it!
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Get yourself some test strips, 5 way will do. Don't buy strips with less, I use 7 way strips but I have a 9 seat hot tub. As a newbie I would recommend testing every day until you get the hang of it, then you will know how your hot tub is behaving. Then once you start understanding your water start reducing the tests until you get to once a week or after every time you use it, not forgetting to wash the filter out weekly too. I'm not that familiar with your type of spa, but i'm assuming you only use yours in the summer and store it away in the winter. I have a hard shell type and it runs continuously all year which means changing the water every three months, filter deep clean at the same time. Good luck with it, there's nothing quite as relaxing as sitting in the spa with a drink on a cool clear night watching the stars.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List