Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Our unvaccinated teens was our biggest factor for cancelling our workaround trip to the Bahamas and Florida for this week.

We almost booked Dubai for Monday (finger on ‘book’ button) but it’s 45 degrees out there at the moment which is a bit too hot for my husband (we’ve done July once and he struggled). We are off to Tenerife instead - we haven’t been for 22 years!

Hopefully we will get to Disney for our October trips, we have no children with us for that one so only us to think about (plus they will all be double jabbed by then) and if it’s cancelled we will be off to Dubai instead as October is lovely weather.
We thought about tenarife but changed are minds when it reached alert level 4...
Silly restrictions,
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Our unvaccinated teens was our biggest factor for cancelling our workaround trip to the Bahamas and Florida for this week.

We almost booked Dubai for Monday (finger on ‘book’ button) but it’s 45 degrees out there at the moment which is a bit too hot for my husband (we’ve done July once and he struggled). We are off to Tenerife instead - we haven’t been for 22 years!

Hopefully we will get to Disney for our October trips, we have no children with us for that one so only us to think about (plus they will all be double jabbed by then) and if it’s cancelled we will be off to Dubai instead as October is lovely weather.
Have a fab time in Tenerife! 🤗

We've done Dubai in July too but there's a nice breeze in Atlantis due to it being built out on the water. It's hot but we were in water all day so it didn't bother us as much. I expect we'll be taking lots of breaks with the kids though! ☺️

Really keeping everything crossed for October, things look pretty worrying over there at the moment but we have a couple more months yet so hopefully things will have improved by then. I was watching CNN earlier and they have had spike in people wanting the vaccine, funny that! 🙄
Old 7 Aug 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nape dog
Proud to wear my Ears

Should have been flying on Wednesday 11th, but after being cancelled a few weeks ago, had decided to do nothing until next year, when there would hopefully be a bit more certainty.
That plan failed today, and we’ve booked for October half-term 😂. So I’m now unsubscribing from this thread and moving to the October thread. Best of luck all 👍
nape dog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

Now that Virgin Atlantic have advised people on FB that they are cancellng flights from MAN into September, our 31 Aug flight has gone the way of the previous 3 . But my new countdown reflects my booking for May 22. Surely we'll be able to go then?!
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re going with Tenerife as a replacement too.

Should have flown out to Miami yesterday 😭

Now off to Tenerife on 21st staying at Hard Rock.

Should have been leaving Hard Rock Orlando on 21/8 for Disney Fantasy 😢

Fingers crossed 🤞 for our October trip, dd will have just turned 12 so if they let us travel by then the trip maybe dependant on her being vaccinated 😳
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jue40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We’re going with Tenerife as a replacement too.

Should have flown out to Miami yesterday 😭

Now off to Tenerife on 21st staying at Hard Rock.

Should have been leaving Hard Rock Orlando on 21/8 for Disney Fantasy 😢

Fingers crossed 🤞 for our October trip, dd will have just turned 12 so if they let us travel by then the trip maybe dependant on her being vaccinated 😳
Hi should have been at Hard Rock Orlando as I type this but instead laying on a sun bed at Hard Rock Tenerife!
Any questions let me know!
Julie
2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2018 - July/August - Hard Rock & Beach Club/Boardwalk
2013 - July/August - New York, Boston and Orlando
2017 - June - Contemporary 2018 - Solo Yacht Club
2022 Feb & August
2023 Jan
jue40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Well today would have been my first morning waking up at the Four Seasons but c'est la vie. I think these cancellations have been a blessing to all of us.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday! 💚
Old 8 Aug 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jue40 View Post
Hi should have been at Hard Rock Orlando as I type this but instead laying on a sun bed at Hard Rock Tenerife!
Any questions let me know!
Julie
Wow, what’s it like?

I feel so torn about this trip as it obviously wasn’t our first choice. We were on the verge of cancelling yesterday but we’ve decided to go for it.

The hotel emailed me back about negative tests saying they’re not needed if vaccinated, but I’ve emailed back to get confirmation about dd11. She doesn’t need a test to enter the country but I think she might for the hotel. There’s something lost in translation between the emails though as they don’t seem to understand what I’m asking. Just trying to get them to confirm if she needs to test and what type.

Are you travelling with children?

I’ve read that some things are closed which is a little off putting, we’ve just downgraded from Rock Royalty Suite all inclusive to gold suite all inclusive as it didn’t seem worth the extra with the restrictions.

Really we just want to be by the pool all day and have our meals and drinks all at the hotel.

Did you book a package? We haven’t so will have to get a taxi at the airport, hoping they’re readily available.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Well today would have been my first morning waking up at the Four Seasons but c'est la vie. I think these cancellations have been a blessing to all of us.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday! 💚
We should have been driving to Orlando right now to stay at Hard Rock 😢
Old 8 Aug 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We should have been spending our first day at the villa getting it sorted out as we have not been since November 2019 oh well November flights are booked and if by any miracle the boarders open by the 7th of September we might even get a cheeky trip in as we have a set of flights in the bank with VA.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List