Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Aug 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

First Watch is open from 7am to 2pm. breakfast/ brunch type cafe, they do BOGOF which is good value.
Cheddar Scratch Kitchen is a good place which seldom gets mentioned.
Pei Weis Diner is good for Chinese/Asian type food.
Two that don't look much from outside are Bubbalous BBQ and The Little Greek (several branches around) but the food i very good.

Edited at 11:17 AM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Have a look at my 2019 June food report, it's a 30 day trip so there's loads of offsite places all with pictures and prices.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post

This is our typical day (two young at heart adults)

Breakfast at Starbucks 2 coffees 2 muffins $15
Two beers at 10.30. $20
Lunch( Sandwhiches at Breadbox) $20

Cocktail at pool ( only me). $15

Dinner ( Hard Rock or similar). $60

Couple of beers people watching. $20

That’s a typical day for us with a bit added in for water, ice cream etc.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

It depends on whether your hotel has complimentary breakfast, whether you are self catering in Villa/apartment or whether you need to forage at ihop and co.

It depends whether you are taking Walmart food into the parks or eating dogs/pizzas/burgers/wraps in the parks at $12 a throw with drink and fries. (We prefer a picnic in a day bag with drinks up the sides of sandwich boxes containing the eats).

It depends on whether you are eating your main meal in parks, or at LBV/ IDrive type places (as we do).

It depends whether you intend drinking alcohol with that evening meal or bottomless sodas, drinking when you get back to accommodation (or not at all).

Without those facts, I cannot even start to guess.

As a guide for evening meals and a family of four with kids of 18 and 15, eating a starter and a main in Bahama Breeze with soda, I would average around $100 plus an 18% tip, so $30 each or in your case a total of $60. If you get there at happy hour, then you may well get free starter and Cocktails at $5 each.

In my way, Breakfast before leaving, picnic most days and an evening meal as detailed, I would be well sub $90 a day or £60 for the two.. with the occasional splash at Longhorn Steakhouse $40 each inc tip, Rainforest Cafe $45 each plus tip etc.

You simply haven’t given us enough clues to give a definitive answer, Tinks 🤣

Edited at 07:46 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

£150 PD or about $200 USD and you'll be fine, especially if you look for deals or focus on some great value places like Denny's, Cracker Barrel, Carrabba's, Bahama Breeze, Hash House, Millers etc.
Old 23 Aug 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
$150 would be pushing the boat out for us but then as we haven't been since 2019 I'm a bit out of touch with food prices! Generally we will eat breakfast in the room- yoghurt ,fruit, toast or cereal. Lunch I'd say $20-$30 & dinner anywhere from $50 - $100 but the latter might only be once or twice. One big expenditure is starbucks! When a Latte is the best part of $5 & we'll easily have a couple a day, it all adds up!
We tend to avoid Disney, unless it's for somewhere special, they've basically got away with murder on their pricing due to Free dining - Different if you were getting blown away every time but we found generally we were $20/person more expensive than a similar meal offsite
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Have a look at my 2019 June food report, it's a 30 day trip so there's loads of offsite places all with pictures and prices.
Just seen this - amazing write-up. Thank you
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Just seen this - amazing write-up. Thank you
Thanks, I'm hoping to do an up to date one as soon as we can get back
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We’re now down to $100 per day for 2 adults, 16 and 12 year old boys, so all eating adult portions. There are so many cheaper eateries and you quickly learn where the cleaner chains are. We have brunch and tea with snacks in the afternoon rather than 3 full meals.
Old 30 Aug 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it’s really tricky to advise tbh.
We can spend hardly anything one day and then seem to spend a fortune another.
I’d recommend looking at menus for the kind of places you might like to eat and taking it from there.
I’d also recommend watching some of the Julia Eats Vlogs.
This has become our lockdown guilty pleasure.
She pretty much eats the menu at loads of chains.
There are so many we’d never considered and now would definitely try

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List