Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Aug 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Vacuuming Car

I really want my car professionally cleaned. Particularly inside as it's full of grit, crumbs and general family and daily grime. I can do the outside myself.

About 3or4 ( blush) years ago I took it to a hand valet place and they did a great job but read reviews of all our local ones and people are getting scammed as they're charged extra for having dirty cars! Surely that's the point if getting it cleaned 🤔.

I have tried doing it myself in the past but have a Dyson and due to its design can't get into small areas due to angle of tube head.

What vacuum do other people use?
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

I've got an old Vax I was given second hand around 1990 and still works well. Short rigid tube which gets into most areas. Tried a few "car " vacuum cleaners and been disappointed.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

My friend is a car valeter. He uses a Henry with a thin nozzle
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

I'd just take it to be cleaned. Round here if they are really dirty inside they charge more. Can't see an issue with that. The inside of some peoples cars are like skips and others aren't.
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

We got charged extra last time we went so wont go back again! I use a cheapie vacuum we got from Tesco basic range years ago (was about £20) - works fab and small enough to store away neatly afterwards. DH uses it for his shed too- has worked really well, especially for price- about 10 years ago we got it!
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
I'd just take it to be cleaned. Round here if they are really dirty inside they charge more. Can't see an issue with that. The inside of some peoples cars are like skips and others aren't.
I can understand some people take their cars like that but mine, i empty and give it a brush before i go! So think they taking the mickey and try it on with everyone they can!
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I can understand some people take their cars like that but mine, i empty and give it a brush before i go! So think they taking the mickey and try it on with everyone they can!
But not all of them do that. The two we use don't.
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I'm not paranoid about the car but I cannot abide the inside being dirty.

I tend to Hoover it once a week albeit the back seats are rarely used so it's only the front that needs doing

I find an upright vacuum with a long hose and hard nozzle the best to use and have an old one out the garage that is used for the car and keeping the garage clean.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
I haven’t used it yet but I got a car cleaning kit when I bought my shark cordless Hoover.
Will have to use it soon as I’m another one that’s dislikes a dirty interior.
Old 26 Aug 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I can’t bear a dirty car interior, weekly vacuuming with Henry and a thin nozzle does the job for me.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List