Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Aug 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Many thanks will keep my eye on it…..
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
Quite liking the idea of flying to Atlanta or Canada for a day then to Orlando.
That would be rather fun
We did Toronto a few years ago and it was just amazing - Niagara was on my bucket list and effectively I got to see it for free (or at least for no extra cost than my direct Orlando flights!)

I'm hoping to do London - New York next summer and then fly domestically to either Tampa or Orlando, whatever I can get cheapest. The idea of NYC has really excited us as a family too and although I've been before, I went before the twin towers weren't there and would like to visit the museum and memorial to it.

Edited at 12:15 PM.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
We did Toronto a few years ago and it was just amazing - Niagara was on my bucket list and effectively I got to see it for free (or at least for no extra cost than my direct Orlando flights!)

I'm hoping to do London - New York next summer and then fly domestically to either Tampa or Orlando, whatever I can get cheapest. The idea of NYC has really excited us as a family too and although I've been before, I went before the twin towers weren't there and would like to visit the museum and memorial to it.
Thought about this, but the state of the world concerns me.
I don't like the idea of needing 2 counties have different restrictions on if we can or cannot enter.
Just adds to the complications
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I’ve just said this on another thread. I’m booked for next Easter and have paid £2400 for 10 nights hotel, premium economy flights with Virgin and transfers… the same holiday is now over £4000 each
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

So what is/was considered a good price for direct flights to MCO?
I'd rather not mess about with stop overs and the such. Any London Airport to MCO, return, last 14-17 days of August.
FAcup14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

That’s when we always go (alas only every 4 years or so). You won’t really know what the prices will be until end September early October. Our previous trips we paid about 850 (American Airlines and Norwegian who alas don’t fly to Orlando any more). I think it will more like £1000 this year and if i saw 850 I would bite their hand off!
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FAcup14 View Post
So what is/was considered a good price for direct flights to MCO?
I'd rather not mess about with stop overs and the such. Any London Airport to MCO, return, last 14-17 days of August.
You can usually get sub £650pp direct flights with BA from London in August.

Going forward it looks like WDW tickets with Genie+ are going to be more expensive than the flight😮
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've enjoyed short February half-term trips recently, flying Saturday to Saturday, so no school is missed.

Each time, previously, we've booked quite late on, flying indirect - often via Charlotte with American.

Anyway, I'm delighted to have just booked BA direct to Tampa for around £350pp, Feb 19th - Feb 26th which strikes me as very reasonable. So, 2022 doesn't have to mean crazy prices.

Like everyone else, I'll now cross my fingers and hope we get to be on those flights.

Now time to look for Easter flights

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
You can usually get sub £650pp direct flights with BA from London in August.

Going forward it looks like WDW tickets with Genie+ are going to be more expensive than the flight😮
Please tell me how! Never got close to that no matter how hard I tried 😱
Old 27 Aug 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jolou View Post
Please tell me how! Never got close to that no matter how hard I tried 😱
Follow the Dibb school holidays/august glitch thread.

We travel from Manchester and have never paid more than £750pp direct for late July/August.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List