Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Sep 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
For my flights for next year I was waiting for Virgin from Manchester to be released . I was then playing around and realised that BA from Heathrow were already out……maybe around two weeks before the Virgin ones were released. The price was great but not sure how close to release date I booked

By the time Virgin released theres the BA price had gone up quite a lot

I think it definitely worth booking early with BA ( well it was for us this year )
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

I track BA flights a lot and find that BA does go up with time . Also here’s a thought I just booked our flights to cancun and wanted PE out and business back but the prices was stuped so went for economy out and business back ( the PE was over £800 more )

Anyway after booking I went into my manage my booking and saw the PE upgrade for the 3 of us for £252 saving us almost £600 …so I nabbed it .

Crazy but it worked .

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017

Edited at 12:23 PM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
NM19
Trying for More Ears

Hi does anyone know if Are Lingus are best price on release day ? Thinking of going for the new Manchester to Orlando route next August
NM19 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Well if this is true we ain't going... Today BA has our flight dates.

2 years ago we paid £350 each indirect. I know I won't get those prices again, I was expecting to pay double.
Same flights today £1300 each, thats 4x my original price.
That's on the day they come out ! Who can afford that? In direct for Pete's sake

Edited at 08:12 PM.
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
For my flights for next year I was waiting for Virgin from Manchester to be released . I was then playing around and realised that BA from Heathrow were already out……maybe around two weeks before the Virgin ones were released. The price was great but not sure how close to release date I booked

By the time Virgin released theres the BA price had gone up quite a lot

I think it definitely worth booking early with BA ( well it was for us this year )
Do you mind me asking what you paid? I checked today and the prices are insanely high.
I could never afford these
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

We typically book on release date and this year, due to some work commitments, I had actually looked at BA pricing literally as they release compared to later in the day. As a result, I got up at 1am the day the return flight released and saved about £150 on the cost of flights at 8am and c.£300 on the prices later that day.

Having tracked pricing keenly for a couple of weeks, it might just be this year but BA's summer 2022 prices seem to normally be cheaper on the day of release... and even cheaper the hour of release !

Worth doing your own tracking before setting that alarm, though !

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

For our last 3 trips I have stalked prices with Aer Lingus from Dublin and booked a few days after release day. I’ve found they are usually really high for the first couple of days then settle down.

This year the prices direct from Dublin are astronomical and not getting any better (we usually pay around £450/£500 direct but this year I can’t get anything below £850) . I’m torn between just sucking it up and booking because I suspect the prices will rise when Biden opens the borders or booking indirect flights that are also over priced… damn covid!
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Just found this thread after posting somewhere else about booking BA on release day. We stayed up and booked at 1am on Sunday morning when our return flights were bookable. Since booking at 1am the flights have gone up three times and are now £800 more just two days later. Worth booking early :-) The first jump was at breakfast time - £180 up, then tea time was about £500 up, then next morning £800.

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hellin family View Post
Just found this thread after posting somewhere else about booking BA on release day. We stayed up and booked at 1am on Sunday morning when our return flights were bookable. Since booking at 1am the flights have gone up three times and are now £800 more just two days later. Worth booking early :-) The first jump was at breakfast time - £180 up, then tea time was about £500 up, then next morning £800.
Crickey! Those are huge jumps! Is that per person or for a number of you ?
I am looking to book 6 tickets for next August and I figure my release date is going to be this Thursday. I have work on Thursday but if the price difference is that much I’m going to have to try to stay up or at least set an early alarm!
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Been interesting reading these . I want to book for Oct half term 2022 (have BA voucher to use) so will be on the look out from first week of Nov (early!) to try and snag a good price! If not, ill do the same for Feb '23. Think ill be setting my alarm! xx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List