Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Sep 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Book early or hold?

Need advice please dibb'ers
So flights are going to be expensive this year, that much is clear.
Normally I would go for in-direct, spend around £350-£450 per person per flight and accommodation on top. That's clearly not going to happen...
Right now ID flights are coming in at £1000+
For a family of 6 it's just not doable.
Living in the north of Wales I normally fly Manchester, which also tends to be a little more expensive.
I'm looking for the last 2/3 weeks of the summer holidays and have a £5k credit note with ocean Florida so I need to book via them.
Currently virgin look like they are flying direct from LHR for around £700. Tampa and Miami are proving no cheaper.
Also If that the case when flights are out for my weeks are another matter.
Any how? My question
Do I get OF to book me flights from London the day they come out if they are in budget? I will need to travel down to London and spend the night in a hotel but needs must.
Or shall I hold and hope that at some point an ID flight from Manchester does come in within my price range.

I'm concerned that may not happen and the flight costs will continue to creep up, especially when the boarders are opened.

As always your advice is greatly appreciated.

This will probably be my last family holiday to Florida with the all kids, one is almost 17, one is almost 16, the other 2 are still young but in high school so they may choose to come again. The other 2 probably not.
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would wait until you see a price you are happy to pay. Some of the prices I have seen on here that people are paying are crazy imo.

Prices will settle down eventually as demand for travel remains down ( currently most bookings are just rescheduled holidays)
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Do you have to book the whole thing with OF, could you just say book accommodation and theme park tickets with them and get cheaper flights seperately?
I think you will struggle to get a good price with them as they know uou are a captive customer with a voucher, unless you randomly ring for a price.
Old 8 Sep 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

When next year are you looking to book? If flights haven't been released yet then you will always pay over the odds.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
geomac79
Proud to wear my Ears

I took the decision to book early, I was locked in with Virgin Holidays. Saw a price I was comfortable with and went for it. My thought process was that as soon as the borders open up, the voucher people and the ones who haven’t been in 2 years and never booked will be straight into book driving prices up.
geomac79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
When next year are you looking to book? If flights haven't been released yet then you will always pay over the odds.
Last 2 weeks of August 2022
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Do you have to book the whole thing with OF, could you just say book accommodation and theme park tickets with them and get cheaper flights seperately?
I think you will struggle to get a good price with them as they know uou are a captive customer with a voucher, unless you randomly ring for a price.

That's... Not actually a bad idea at all,
Never thought of that.
I will look into that tonight thank you
Old 8 Sep 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
Last 2 weeks of August 2022
I’d give it another month and see, by then the flight prices for your dates will be for sale.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
Do I get OF to book me flights from London the day they come out if they are in budget?
I don't think you'll have any control of when Ocean Florida will book flights for you, sadly. They will book at whatever price offers them more profit.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List