Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
BertnErnie
Trading Disney Pins

Have just booked for Feb HT with Virgin holidays. We've DIY'd the last few trips, but have booked a custom package this time due to the uncertainty. It is a bit of a punt of course but we wanted to do Disney in the 50th year. If we have to move it, it may have be to October HT as we have a cruise booked in the summer (rescheduled from 2020)
BertnErnie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are supposed to be and have accommodation booked….but at the moment the fly drive for our dates is around £6600 for 2A and 1C(17). Normally the fly drive costs us about £2600.

I will not be paying £6600 for ECONOMY flights and a car, so I guess we’ll wait and see what happens and if needs be, we’ll cancel and go somewhere else.

The shine is fading for me anyway and I’ve been able to lose and keep off nearly 4 stone since our regular Florida holiday days 😂
Old 11 Sep 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar
Excited about Disney

We are May 22 like a lot of dibbers it seems. Fingers crossed it happens if not I think we will wait till our summer holiday in august 23 and if all else fails get in through another country. I really hope that doesn’t happen though.
Wishuponastar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

We are going!

14Apr-6May and if still not allowed by then we will travel in August for 5 weeks, first 2 weeks Canada then 3 Florida.
My teenagers have a 7 week holiday in the summer and my husband can work from home. So if we need to go in august he will work from "home" in Canada
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

I cancelled our December trip yesterday and rebooked for End of March 🙏🏻
Old 11 Sep 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
I want to go in May 2022 being as the chances of travel before Christmas are probably non existent.

But, you'd be stupid to book any new travel until the inept Biden administration finally give an indication of what their strategy is. I probably will hold off until a few months before

That’s a bit rude however , with the current generous refund and amend policies , it may be the opposite of stupid to book flights now with low prices ,with no risk, rather than wait til borders reopen and flight prices shoot up with the effects of supply and demand.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

At the moment we have zero intention of booking anything in 2022 until there is a definite 'green' status. I just don't see the point in planning a trip to our 'happy place' for the rug to pulled out from underneath our feet yet again.
Old 11 Sep 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Desperate to book. It flight prices are just ridiculous just now and really fed up like the rest of you if cancelled holidays ! Having said that if a decent flight price comes up for April/May I know I’ll book it 😂💗💗
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

We have moved our 3 week holiday to 2022 after having to cancel.
If we can't go next year then we all have more things to worry about as travel companies will have folded.
I personally think holidays have to happen next year.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I’ve booked flights tonight for May next year. Possible I may not get to go due to DH health.
I’ve just paid the deposit with Aer Lingus. Direct flights from Manchester £730 with luggage. I gave up on planning a trip in May 20 due to the shocking cost of flights with Virgin, £1050 without luggage. In hindsight Virgin did me a favour.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List