Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Sep 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I wonder why BA haven't cancelled anymore? Do they have inside info?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Possibly, or just hoping something happens with Boris this week like the rest of us.

As I understand it, they have to cancel 14 days out before they have to pay out extra compensation, so the week of the 11th should be cancelled this week barring a positive announcement.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
I doubt they know anything more than we do, since all updates are leaked to media. My thoughts are they were hoping the travel change last week and Boris visiting Biden this week were going to create some movement in the rules.

I don't think there's any legal difference for flight cancellations until about two weeks before, so they may have thought they'd risk pushing out the cancellations out further in case an update came through.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
It will be interesting come tomorrow when people have balances due for flights / holidays that are not yet cancelled.

So far I’ve not heard of anyone being told by BA ‘you’ve not paid your balance so we are keeping your deposit’

I’m leaving mine till Friday which is the 3 week before mark. I’ll try and get in touch with BA (fine as I don’t work a Friday) and if not I’ll be filling in the form for the voucher.

I changed our original booking to the day before so 3 weeks before is the Friday but balance due is the Saturday so I need to do something before the Friday but they could refuse to refund me as my balance isn’t due till the next day.

I get BA might be hopeful something will change with Boris’s visit but I’m not sure that will be the case.
Dh has thrown his toys out the pram as is saying even if things change he doesn’t want to go now. (Sure Ds and I could talk him round but I’m not sure that will actually be required)
Old 20 Sep 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessRebex
VIP Dibber

I’m in the process of booking an alternative holiday, I’m due to go the 12th of October but ATD has already cancelled both my Disney and universal stay so I’m definitely in the frame of mind I’m not going! I’m holding out for a cancellation, but I’m worried if it doesn’t get cancelled I’ll lose my money?! So I’m a bit sceptical to book an alternative holiday right now but it’s hard as everything is booking up SO quick!
PrincessRebex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PrincessRebex View Post
I’m in the process of booking an alternative holiday, I’m due to go the 12th of October but ATD has already cancelled both my Disney and universal stay so I’m definitely in the frame of mind I’m not going! I’m holding out for a cancellation, but I’m worried if it doesn’t get cancelled I’ll lose my money?! So I’m a bit sceptical to book an alternative holiday right now but it’s hard as everything is booking up SO quick!
If they don't cancel the flight, you can request a voucher through the flexible booking policy and use that to pay for something else. That's assuming you can't get a refund on the grounds of not being able to travel, which some people have reported they've been able to do by contacting BA. Either way, you will not lose the money.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
and306
Serious Dibber

Hi not sure if this is right place to post? Has anyone requested vouchers online and booked another holiday while waiting on them then managed to get them successfully applied to the new booking? Thanks
and306 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yep, did it all online about 10 days ago. Waiting for the voucher to be applied though we have had confirmation this should be done soon.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by and306 View Post
Hi not sure if this is right place to post? Has anyone requested vouchers online and booked another holiday while waiting on them then managed to get them successfully applied to the new booking? Thanks
Yes. So long as the voucher was requested before you booked the new holiday.

Forward the voucher email to baholidays@ba.com and say you would like it applied to your new booking (give them the reference). It’s taken between 2 and 10 days for me to get a response on those.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
and306
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Yes. So long as the voucher was requested before you booked the new holiday.

Forward the voucher email to baholidays@ba.com and say you would like it applied to your new booking (give them the reference). It’s taken between 2 and 10 days for me to get a response on those.
Thanks for the reply. I only requested them yesterday. I was thinking of booking before the sale ends.
and306 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread