Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Oct 21, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Has anyone mourning the loss of Goodings actually been in it in the last 5 years? It was a complete tourist rip off and a bit of a dump when I went in for one thing 4 years ago.
Old 5 Oct 21, 04:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
anyone ever try the waffle house there? looked dodgy as anything when you got inside, we turned and left
We tried it when we first went to Disney in 2003. Honestly was the most unsafe place we visited in Orlando. Like you we walked in then turned and left.
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Has anyone mourning the loss of Goodings actually been in it in the last 5 years? It was a complete tourist rip off and a bit of a dump when I went in for one thing 4 years ago.
Donna I’m remembering it through rose coloured glasses - we visited it on two trip when we didn’t have a car and before we knew any better. It was more the novelty of the carpet 😀 coupled with really bad jet lag that has it ingrained in my memory.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

So watched the video in the hope of finding out if Denny’s was still there - anyone know what is left? (I have been going to Crossroads all of my life but not a lot in the last decade or so, but typically we are spending our first night on hotel blvd next year and just wondering what might still be walkable from there? (We collect a hire car the next day as it was so expensive from MCO for next summer).
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Depending on where you are on the Boulevard and how far you are prepared to walk- Disney Springs is walkable.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Depending on where you are on the Boulevard and how far you are prepared to walk- Disney Springs is walkable.
Ah yes I know, I was just thinking of taking a trip down memory Lane as Denny’s there was our regular haunt back in the 80s/90s and so just wondered if that was still an option for us 👍

we are also going to be right at the crossroads end, so thought it would be easier after a long flight that arrives quite late 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Ah yes I know, I was just thinking of taking a trip down memory Lane as Denny’s there was our regular haunt back in the 80s/90s and so just wondered if that was still an option for us 👍

we are also going to be right at the crossroads end, so thought it would be easier after a long flight that arrives quite late 👍
Per Google Maps Dennys isn't actually inside Crossroads and is still open.
Old 5 Oct 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

The first couple of times we went to Disney our hotels have been around the crossroads area, many a happy time going into Goodings store and the Dennys.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Per Google Maps Dennys isn't actually inside Crossroads and is still open.
Oh that is good news - I wasn’t sure how far the new road was going to impact on the surrounding places as well - will be good if Denny’s stays 👍
Old 5 Oct 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I'll miss the Sweet Tomatoes there, it was lovely to have a big plate of salad after a week of Disney food.

I liked Fuddruckers there too, the milkshakes were lovely.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List