Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Oct 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
Hes actually reading pre written notes, i can only assume they where given to him by disney and told to say them on his video.

You know what they say about the word “assume”
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Indeed i do but i cant claim to be in devs house and see the press release
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Hes actually reading pre written notes, i can only assume they where given to him by disney and told to say them on his video.
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
They are verbatim what was on the official info. He was absolutely reading from the media packet.

Fair enough if he genuinely changed his mind. However I don't think he did. I think he's towing the line for media perks. Also possible that Disney wanted info out there but knew another official video would go down like the last one did. So they're pushing it through the influencers instead.

As a reminder, here was his first video about it. He was not happy at all...

Edited at 03:42 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Or maybe he genuinely thinks it's not as bad as feared? So am I, for now, as I genuinely think that standby waiting time will go down to acceptable levels. I'll eat my MagicBand if wrong, though!
He might. I was just answering the comments that he is keeping Disney sweet, because it makes no sense that he would above people that watch his channel.

He was still reading out briefing notes though, this was evident, it wasn’t his way of speaking.

Edited at 03:52 PM.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
He might. I was just answering the comments that he is keeping Disney sweet, because it makes no sense that he would above people that watch his channel.
His Regs will continue to watch regardless. If he keeps Disney sweet he will get invited to more and more press releases if he does that he gets more eyes.

Look this video he was the first to drop one and is getting alot of views as a result as he can break the news.
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Or maybe he took notes during his preview? I get it, Disney is greedy but I highly doubt they would dictate what vloggers are allowed to say!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Or maybe he took notes during his preview? I get it, Disney is greedy but I highly doubt they would dictate what vloggers are allowed to say!
I am sure nobody is suggesting they are holding Bianca hostage and forcing him to read out their briefing notes. But he was, of his own choice, reading out notes that had been written by Disney, it was not his way of speaking.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am sure nobody is suggesting they are holding Bianca hostage and forcing him to read out their briefing notes. But he was, of his own choice, reading out notes that had been written by Disney, it was not his way of speaking.
This… what does everyone think would happen if he returned to his “I’m really worried for people that can’t pay” views from his last genie video?

No more press briefing freebies for dev.

Hell I’d probably do the same if I was him.

Edited at 06:58 PM.
Old 9 Oct 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
He said that if you buy the Genie+ at $15 per person, per day and also the LL passes that you need that you then have LL access to all of the rides on the list too? If you can afford the extra then its a no-brainer if thats the case? But if you've saved for years like many do, then its a lot extra on top of an already expensive day out.

eg. we are a family of 3 and we have paid for just 1 day at Disney, this has cost £248. add to the 3 x $15 and then the LL we want (ROTR which is about $15) so that another $90. Thats a super expensive day

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

people do change their mind about things. There is only 1 ride that i may consider paying for and that is ROTR. We will see regarding the genie+ how busy it is. It doesn't work out very well generally for how we do things - we get there before rope drop, go somewhere else at lunch time then back in the evening so i don't think we would get our moneys worth. However, if we did just do a few days then we would spend more time in the parks and this would work out well. I can see it would work better for people that go for shorter trips. It means that all the afternoon/evening 'fast passes' aren't gone for the day 60 days out. I know it costs us more money but unfortunately everything is going up in price. It is a business after all
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List