Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Oct 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I was surprised at this video as Dev came out the other day and said how disappointing the 50th had been and criticised Disney. Seems odd he now comes out with this.
Old 10 Oct 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
howed
Swimming at the All Star Resort

howed's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would never pay to ride space mountain. Any $ amount is too much to be given whiplash in the dark...It needs a major update.

I would pay to ride a ride I hadn't experienced before though if it meant saving me a couple of hours waiting in line. I'll be going for a ROTR IA$ next August.
howed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I was surprised at this video as Dev came out the other day and said how disappointing the 50th had been and criticised Disney. Seems odd he now comes out with this.
But on the other hand its shows he will criticise Disney if he wants to. Perhaps after seeing the briefing he's changed his mind about Genie+ and isn't just being a Disney puppet.

Edited at 11:58 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
Does anyone honestly believe Disney wants its free genie to do anything other than push you into paying for +?
Me?

I don’t think Genie will push people into paying for Genie+. I think enough people will be paying for Genie+ without Disney having to push it. They may even try to put people off from buying Genie+ if too many people buy it (ok, that’s probably unlikely ). Genie+ will work best if the majority of other people don’t have it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:45 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by howed View Post
I would never pay to ride space mountain. Any $ amount is too much to be given whiplash in the dark...It needs a major update.

I would pay to ride a ride I hadn't experienced before though if it meant saving me a couple of hours waiting in line. I'll be going for a ROTR IA$ next August.
No one is paying to ride.

You’re paying to join a shorter queue. You’re not paying to go on the ride.

Like you, I personally wouldn’t pay to skip the queue for Space Mountain. If the regular queue was reasonably short then I would join it, otherwise I’d skip it. Same goes for SDMT.

I would consider paying for a ROTR Lightning Lane selection. Same goes for FOP. Maybe one or two other rides.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
Hes actually reading pre written notes, i can only assume they where given to him by disney and told to say them on his video.
I would assume he’s reading out Disney’s press release, probably because that’s about all the info that’s available until Genie and Genie+ are released. I don’t think Disney personally told him to read out that press release. It was his choice to do so.

A bit like how the DIBB posts press releases sent out by Disney on its front page.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 10 Oct 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Do people think Disney will keep single rider lines. We use this for Everest a lot.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Do people think Disney will keep single rider lines. We use this for Everest a lot.
I hope so, we like to use it for Test Track.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

So if you buy genie + can you book ROTR for example as your attraction or does it always need bought you join the LL?
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Didgey View Post
So if you buy genie + can you book ROTR for example as your attraction or does it always need bought you join the LL?
Genie+ only gives you access to book lightning lane access for the purple rides on this chart, anything in blue has to be purchased separately. You do not need to purchase Genie+ to buy the blue ones if none of the purple rides interest you.

Much easier to talk in colours I think.

Edited at 08:38 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List