Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Oct 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Milee
Proud to wear my Ears

Question Universal onsite or offsite

Hi

We would like some help deciding between the endless summer resort or a neighbouring hotel offsite.

Were going for a week at the end of november and wondering if is it worth it to stay onsite?
i understand there are a few perks like:
-hour early entry
-newer / most likely nicer hotel
-closer to universal

However theres no breakfast and obviously its more expensive. We've been looking at the endless summer two bedroom room but happy to stay else where with the same size-ish room.

OR

is it worth it staying offsite in a hotel with transport and free breakfast?

The perks to this are the free breakfast and the price.

We've had a good look at the:
- Homewood suites nearest universal
- Hyatt place cross from universal

I mean we have at other hotels but I think thats the best we've looked at. If theres any other recommendations i would love to hear them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
thank you
Milee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
milie
Earning My Ears

Hiya!

We are actually considering going at a similar time this year. On the forum that i posted a lot of people recommended the Rosen inn - any of them - i personally have never stayed in them before but yeah

i would recommend a homewood suites as weve stayed in the one on international drive before and it was lovely and amazingggggg breakfast! however i understand why you'd like onsite more but for the whole time youre staying will onsite benefit you for the whole time?

Edited at 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
milie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Think about one of your party buying an annual pass (only $50 more than a 14 day UK pass). That will allow you to book at passholder rates which wont be much different to off site - the rates come out a few months before - you can experiment here:
reservations.universalorland...112.1631309475
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Milee
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thank you for your quick reply it’s a Very good point on it benefitting us the whole time, we have annual passes for universal (bought but never used and bought on recommendation for the 2 holidays we had cancelled due to covid) we plan on doing seaworld and possibly the Disney Christmas party as well, we are so torn for what would be best x
Milee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Milee
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thank you babbymint, is that a vote for onsite?
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
milie
Earning My Ears

ooooooo we was also thinking for disney christmas too but the prices are... something else :/
milie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milee View Post
Thank you babbymint, is that a vote for onsite?

Will you spend every day at the parks. If so I would stay on site. If you plan to travel and other areas, I'd stay on Idrive somewhere. If you like the pools, then on site worth a think - Cabana bay nice.
Not sure on breakfast - they tend to be fairly basic which is fine if that's all you want.
Sorry not much help!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Milee
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thank you babbymint we will have a look at cabana bay too 😊
We are planning on mostly universal with a trip to seaworld and maybe the Disney Christmas party, so will definitely look more into on-site
Old 12 Oct 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

For value onsite, I’d always choose cabana bay. It’s close to the main parks but super close to volcano bay with its own entrance for there. It also has a lazy river in the hotel, good food court and fun rooms.

I haven’t tried the endless summer hotels but we did get the bus from universal to them and it was quick. We then walked about 10/15 mins down the road to Giordanos for lunch - great pizza!

Personally I enjoy staying onsite and feeling more immersed in it all so if there wasn’t a huge price difference I’d always go for onsite. However, we wouldn’t usually go for breakfast in Orlando as we’d rather snack in the parks so that bit is less of a consideration for us.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jacy29
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Think about one of your party buying an annual pass (only $50 more than a 14 day UK pass). That will allow you to book at passholder rates which wont be much different to off site - the rates come out a few months before - you can experiment here:
reservations.universalorland...112.1631309475
babbymint, sorry to jump on this thread, but does the annual pass give you free parking at the parks?
jacy29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List