Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 17 Dec 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for your trip report, I am supposed to be revising but just spent the morning on it instead.

We have a short five day Deluxe DDP trip coming up. Going to a few places you mention including: Cape May Cafe, Tucker House, Yachtsman Steakhouse, BOG dinner, Ale & Compass, Beaches & Cream, Flying Fish, Satu'li Canteen.

I think I have got similar food taste to your husband, I will be having lots of lobster bisque starters and mac and cheese sides. I also will have the tomato and toasted cheese at B&C.

I had CG Brunch booked but I decided to change it and go to Chef Art Smith Sunday brunch instead as I have never been there before but have already done CG.

I can't believe the others went for breakfast instead of making the most of the MK special event. I would have popped in for breakfast at 9:45 I think.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

I missed this completely at the time so have spent the afternoon reading it all in one go - another fab report, thanks so much for sharing.

It was definitely a mixed bag for you, but you still had some great meals...I’m full from just reading about it

We might overlap slightly this year, I’ll keep an eye out for you!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Happy New Year!
I decided I was going to wait until after Christmas to read this without any interruption, I even made sure I had plenty to eat before I started.
Once again I have enjoyed reading along. I know you were a bit stressed with the planning knowing your mam was coming with you-I had a bit giggle at you when her and Nick were ordering the same meal, really it was like getting a bonus meal when she did order differently as normally we would only be reading about the two of you I’m impressed with your snacks especially now you have tried the apples, you definitely need to get the Carmel with nuts on they are the best!
How fabulous that you all got to experience Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian-I would have loved the PB&J too
I wonder which hotel you will end up in next year...will it top the MK view? We have stayed at Movies and Music and enjoyed our time there, the food halls were ok but nowhere near as great as AoA, I really think it is an exception to the Disney value range. I’m keeping my fingers crossed you get POFQ not only for the amazing food but it’s just so compact and convenient. I really want to try CBR among many other resorts but I think having been spoilt at FQ I’m not sure I like the larger spaced out feel
Thanks again for sharing your food adventure it was interesting to hear your new offsite experience too where will tantalise you to try next year?
Nothing to do with the food but hope you got to wear all your bows...did you end up with any new D&B additions?
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Thanks for posting, have enjoyed reading about all of your food. Very different to your previous trip but that’s not a bad thing. We stayed at POFQ this year and really enjoyed it but anywhere on Disney can be fun

Make sure you get to the Cheesecake Factory next time 😀
Thank you for reading Lizzie!

It was definitely very different and I am still a little sad about how things panned out but looking forward to future plans now. We will absolutely be eating at Cheesecake Factory! I am starting work on my wishlist.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Well I've caught up now from day 6 right to the bitter end now and it didn't disappoint - another fab report Colette - so detailed and so honest. I really think you need some sort of award for services to the Dibb for all the trying of new places and experiences, avoiding of temporary places, and the encouraging of the rest of your party to try and eat different meals for the sake of your readers!

I'm sorry that it didn't go totally to plan for you this time on the DxDP, sometimes its best to go with the flow especially when on holiday and I believe everything happens for a reason - you've now had a taste of something different with your off site trips and have a whole new list of places to research and shortlist for your next trip.

Although some places were a disappointment, it sounds like The Wave, Yachtsman, Tony's and the Flying Fish were not.

I'm interested to find out what plans you eventually settle on for your next trip, and I hope when you go, you'll be taking us all along for the ride with another report - QSDP & Off Site here you come!

Diane x
Hi Diane,

I am sorry it has taken me so long to reply, it’s been a busy couple of months.

You are so right that everything happens for a reason and we have lots of new exciting things to look forward to, I really don’t know how I am going to whittle down all the places we want to try.

Thank you for reading! Your countdown seems so tiny compared to mine, happy planning!

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Love your trip reports and just spend a fab few nights catching up on it, you use take so much time to do it so thanks so much. I never did get round to doing mine, missed the second photos and then that was it!
You had a right mixed bag of food. We’re staying offsite next year and only doing Disney for the Halloween party I think, so the first few days I was really regretting this decision with all your restaurants but then when you went offsite it made me remember how many restaurant’s I like.
What a rotten number of signature restaurants you had, especially HBD, we loved that a few years ago but since then the menu has never appealed. At the opposite end we did H&V in 2011 and it was awful so swore never to return but did this year and it was fab.
We (rather I as husband never listens) cancelled the package at Tony’s but your food looked fab although as a non cheese person I might struggle.
Sometime (even just a couple of nights renting dvc points) stay at beach club as it is amazing. I’ve never fancied contemporary but that view you had was amazing.
I’m so gutted to have finished reading, your TR’s always make me feel like I’ve been with you!

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Love your trip reports and just spend a fab few nights catching up on it, you use take so much time to do it so thanks so much. I never did get round to doing mine, missed the second photos and then that was it!
You had a right mixed bag of food. We’re staying offsite next year and only doing Disney for the Halloween party I think, so the first few days I was really regretting this decision with all your restaurants but then when you went offsite it made me remember how many restaurant’s I like.
What a rotten number of signature restaurants you had, especially HBD, we loved that a few years ago but since then the menu has never appealed. At the opposite end we did H&V in 2011 and it was awful so swore never to return but did this year and it was fab.
We (rather I as husband never listens) cancelled the package at Tony’s but your food looked fab although as a non cheese person I might struggle.
Sometime (even just a couple of nights renting dvc points) stay at beach club as it is amazing. I’ve never fancied contemporary but that view you had was amazing.
I’m so gutted to have finished reading, your TR’s always make me feel like I’ve been with you!
Hi Jo, please accept my apologies for taking so long to reply.

I’m sure you’ll have as much fun offsite as you do at Disney, there’s just so much to offer in Orlando, how could we ever be bored!? You must let me know you’re favourite off-site places.

I was planning on a night at a Deluxe this year, I was toying with renting DVC at the GF, but I feel like that’s one that should be saved for the honeymoon. I think we’ll probably go for Beach Club in the end, it only seems right as that’s where we were supposed to be staying, I can’t decide if I want to be sensible and rent points or splurge on a cash booking. The Contemporary had never really appealed to me before staying there but I am so glad we did, if we ever win the lottery and buy DVC I’d want BLT as our home resort.

Thank you for reading and your lovely comment.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Thanks for doing the top 5. I'd forgotten about Mama Melrose...Oh you're making this so hard for me. I've now got less than 70 days until I can make ADRs which is crazy isn't it? I've got to start getting serious about narrowing stuff down. The reality is it's not going to get thought about properly until after Christmas. In the meantime I just keep adding ideas to my list and not actually narrowing down at all!

Also, it's so easy to be your cheerleader as you're awesome! I hope you get told that frequently by 'real' people and not just 'fake' online people.

Xx
Only 3 weeks left before ADR day now, isn’t it mad!? At least you can book extras and tinker with them as necessary. I really must start work on my own plans.

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Thanks for your trip report, I am supposed to be revising but just spent the morning on it instead.

We have a short five day Deluxe DDP trip coming up. Going to a few places you mention including: Cape May Cafe, Tucker House, Yachtsman Steakhouse, BOG dinner, Ale & Compass, Beaches & Cream, Flying Fish, Satu'li Canteen.

I think I have got similar food taste to your husband, I will be having lots of lobster bisque starters and mac and cheese sides. I also will have the tomato and toasted cheese at B&C.

I had CG Brunch booked but I decided to change it and go to Chef Art Smith Sunday brunch instead as I have never been there before but have already done CG.

I can't believe the others went for breakfast instead of making the most of the MK special event. I would have popped in for breakfast at 9:45 I think.
I am so sorry for the late reply, I was caught up in the Christmas madness and have neglected the Dibb.

I like the idea of just having DxDP for a short while, much less chance of food burn out. I hope you have a wonderful time, not long to wait now!

I’m looking forward to seeing how you get on at Chef Art Smith’s brunch, it sounds like something we would love to try.

I am still stewing about the Early Morning Magic fiasco all these months later

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
I missed this completely at the time so have spent the afternoon reading it all in one go - another fab report, thanks so much for sharing.

It was definitely a mixed bag for you, but you still had some great meals...I’m full from just reading about it

We might overlap slightly this year, I’ll keep an eye out for you!
Definitely a mixed bag, and a lot more regrets that our usual trips.

We’ll definitely overlap just a little, doesn’t it feel so far away!?

Thank you for reading, so glad you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Happy New Year!
I decided I was going to wait until after Christmas to read this without any interruption, I even made sure I had plenty to eat before I started.
Once again I have enjoyed reading along. I know you were a bit stressed with the planning knowing your mam was coming with you-I had a bit giggle at you when her and Nick were ordering the same meal, really it was like getting a bonus meal when she did order differently as normally we would only be reading about the two of you I’m impressed with your snacks especially now you have tried the apples, you definitely need to get the Carmel with nuts on they are the best!
How fabulous that you all got to experience Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian-I would have loved the PB&J too
I wonder which hotel you will end up in next year...will it top the MK view? We have stayed at Movies and Music and enjoyed our time there, the food halls were ok but nowhere near as great as AoA, I really think it is an exception to the Disney value range. I’m keeping my fingers crossed you get POFQ not only for the amazing food but it’s just so compact and convenient. I really want to try CBR among many other resorts but I think having been spoilt at FQ I’m not sure I like the larger spaced out feel
Thanks again for sharing your food adventure it was interesting to hear your new offsite experience too where will tantalise you to try next year?
Nothing to do with the food but hope you got to wear all your bows...did you end up with any new D&B additions?
Happy New Year!

We’ll definitely try the caramel nut apple this year, especially as it’s a snack credit as opposed to the decorated ones.

I’m still in a bit of a pickle regarding where we stay in October. I had set my heart on moving to POFQ, but now we’re a few months down the line I am really looking forward to ASM. I’m quite against paying any more to update. We feel very at home in Values, the only thing I’m not too keen on it the thought of the food courts in the mornings – but I haven’t even thought about where we’ll eat breakfast yet so that’s only a minor concern. Wherever we end up, I don’t think we’ll ever top that MK view – we have spoiled ourselves now!

I started well with my bows but as the wheels came off the dining plans, they did with the bows too, they’ll definitely be along for the ride this year. Whenever I did wear them, I got lots of compliments.

I was very restrained via D&B this year! I wanted one of the bowling bag style ones, but couldn’t settle on a print. In the end I got the Loungefly Epcot 35th Figment backpack and a D&B wallet in the Cinderella print. I love the backpack, a girl working in The Body Shop recognised Figment a few weeks ago and I was so pleased.

Thank you for reading!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Sorry, it’s taken me a while to get back to this to finish it.

Fantastic report, shame you didn’t manage to use all your credits and some of the meals weren’t as good as we’d want them to be. My parents ate at HBD in November and hated it - my mum actually wanted to stand outside and tell people not to go in cos it was so bad!

Hope you manage to finalise your plans for this year, to horrible when you are torn on what to do. There are so many amazing places to eat offsite though. I’m still looking forward to us doing QSDP x

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

I have just binge read your whole report over the weekend and really enjoyed it.

It seems like you had some great meals, and some that weren't so good. I really appreciate your honesty when reviewing, and appreciate you including the off-site places too. IHOP breakfast is now firmly on our list!

What a palaver at the food court at the start of your trip. It's so hard when there are different station and you want different things, especially as it wasn't just you and Nik but your mum too. I think you managed the situation very well even if you did end up with a mountain of fries!

I had never considered The Wave, but it is now firmly in contention, while I am also not 100% on the California Grill brunch now, as my BF doesn't really eat seafood apart from prawns.

I was frustrated FOR you when your team missed most of EMM by eating breakfast first - grrrrr! That's not the way!
At least you managed to do everything you wanted at the Toy Story event.

I am very jealous of your view from The Contemporary, that is really special and I am surprised that you could tear yourself away.

Your dinner at Flying Fish sounds like a real success with everyone enjoying their meals, plus you got to treat everyone AND use some of the TS credits that your Mum hadn't used while she was with your Aunty. Perfect!

I don't really like the plating of the food at Cracker Barrel either. It all just seems thrown at the plate. I imagine if that venue is near the airport perhaps it gets busy and they are a bit more slapdash than they should be. Perhaps a different venue might be better... or you could buy one of the sectioned plates for kids at Disney and ask them to plate it on that!
I have been tempted by those sectioned plates myself as I really don't like sauce or gravy touching vegetables unless it is supposed to (like cauliflower cheese).

All in all it sounds like you had a fabulous trip and I shall certainly be using a few of your recommendations as we are on the normal DDP in October so we shall see how we get on.

If you are planning some more off-site dining when you go next, I thoroughly the fried cheese curds at the NBC Sports Bar & Grill at CityWalk. They are to die for!

Thanks for sharing your trip and all your yummy snacks and meals.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Sorry, it’s taken me a while to get back to this to finish it.

Fantastic report, shame you didn’t manage to use all your credits and some of the meals weren’t as good as we’d want them to be. My parents ate at HBD in November and hated it - my mum actually wanted to stand outside and tell people not to go in cos it was so bad!

Hope you manage to finalise your plans for this year, to horrible when you are torn on what to do. There are so many amazing places to eat offsite though. I’m still looking forward to us doing QSDP x
The thought of your mum standing outside HBD makes me want to laugh so much, it would be fair to say I pretty much hated the entire experience, apart from my mocktail!

I am looking forward to QSDP too, but planning ADRs has always been such a big part of my trip that I miss it!

Thank you for reading Lisa! Xxx

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
I have just binge read your whole report over the weekend and really enjoyed it.

It seems like you had some great meals, and some that weren't so good. I really appreciate your honesty when reviewing, and appreciate you including the off-site places too. IHOP breakfast is now firmly on our list!

What a palaver at the food court at the start of your trip. It's so hard when there are different station and you want different things, especially as it wasn't just you and Nik but your mum too. I think you managed the situation very well even if you did end up with a mountain of fries!

I had never considered The Wave, but it is now firmly in contention, while I am also not 100% on the California Grill brunch now, as my BF doesn't really eat seafood apart from prawns.

I was frustrated FOR you when your team missed most of EMM by eating breakfast first - grrrrr! That's not the way!
At least you managed to do everything you wanted at the Toy Story event.

I am very jealous of your view from The Contemporary, that is really special and I am surprised that you could tear yourself away.

Your dinner at Flying Fish sounds like a real success with everyone enjoying their meals, plus you got to treat everyone AND use some of the TS credits that your Mum hadn't used while she was with your Aunty. Perfect!

I don't really like the plating of the food at Cracker Barrel either. It all just seems thrown at the plate. I imagine if that venue is near the airport perhaps it gets busy and they are a bit more slapdash than they should be. Perhaps a different venue might be better... or you could buy one of the sectioned plates for kids at Disney and ask them to plate it on that!
I have been tempted by those sectioned plates myself as I really don't like sauce or gravy touching vegetables unless it is supposed to (like cauliflower cheese).

All in all it sounds like you had a fabulous trip and I shall certainly be using a few of your recommendations as we are on the normal DDP in October so we shall see how we get on.

If you are planning some more off-site dining when you go next, I thoroughly the fried cheese curds at the NBC Sports Bar & Grill at CityWalk. They are to die for!

Thanks for sharing your trip and all your yummy snacks and meals.
Hi Caz!

Definitely do The Wave, it is great for adults-only. And iHOP, you could eat there every single day and never get bored.

I’d look into plenty of reviews of Cali Grill Brunch, with lots of buffet pictures, before your finalise your plans, it is so expensive for Chris to leave hungry. I’d have much rathered used our credits on dinner there.

Funny you mention the section plates at Disney, my friend sent me this yesterday:

I have seen those cheese curds in someone else’s report and I must try them! I was talking to Nik about going to CityWalk for Bubba Gump’s (I watched Forrest Gump this week haha) but I think NBC might be a great alternative!

Thank you for reading!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lorimac
Serious Dibber

Hi Collybird

Just sat in hospital feeling sorry for myself, but have been cheered up by your fabulous food report - thank you. The only thing though is that it’s made the hospital wall paper paste soup - I mean the tomato soup - seem even worse than it probably is!
Old 5 Feb 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lorimac View Post
Hi Collybird

Just sat in hospital feeling sorry for myself, but have been cheered up by your fabulous food report - thank you. The only thing though is that it’s made the hospital wall paper paste soup - I mean the tomato soup - seem even worse than it probably is!
Hi Lori!

Hope you're better soon and can get home to some proper food.

Thank you for reading, glad you enjoyed it. Hope you're using your time laid up to work on your plans for this year!
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great food report, I’ve just binged it all worst thing ever to do on a diet but I mentally ate all your meals 😂😂🙈!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List