Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 Aug 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

What a nightmare travel day. The food all looks great, those Giordanos pizza are enormous!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Day 7

Usual cereal for breakfast for us and pizza for DS (see previous day!) and then onto HS today.

Bellies rumbling by 11am we had some snacks and coffee. Now I was gutted to see the old Napoleon had been replaced by a new raspberry version however we ordered this, a carrot cake cookie and a num num cookie from Toy Story Land.

These were shared out and all were good but the new Napoleon is not a patch on the old one!

DW loves the pies from The Village Inn for some reason, so after leaving HS we headed up there. It is like entering Hicksville for those who have never been there.

She had the caramel pecan, me the key lime pie and DS the French Silk which we left in the fridge for later.

This was to be our only alcohol meal this trip as I wasn’t bothered about having to drive, so we walked to Bahama Breeze (crazy in mid-afternoon blazing heat of 97 degrees) and took advantage of the happy hour between 4 and 6.

We had some cocktails – frozen ultimate pina colada, the frozen margarita and a Bahamarita.

We then decided to share 3 of the half price appetizers – the Chicken Quesadillas, the Chorizo meatballs and best of all the empenadas which were superb. A curry flavoured bridie for all you Scottish Dibbers….

DS had the burger.

With tip this came to $62. We then Ubered back to the resort and had a really chilled evening watching TV with some more beers and our Village In pie.

Pretty tasty and a proper holiday day….
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I love how you are posting updates in such quick succession. Food report heaven!

So glad everything worked out for you in the end. 😊

I really must get a cheesecake from the CF this year.
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig

Scotscraig's Reviews
Day 8

We has some leftover carrot cake cookie left in the fridge which was for breakfast today.

I can’t say I have ever had this for breakfast before but boy, it was good….

It was off to MK today and a good fun morning. DS had a popcorn refill whilst we shared a cookie from the Candy place in Main Street with some coffees at our usual quiet spot in the cul de sac half way down Main St.

After bailing out at lunch time as it was boiling, we headed to Disney Springs.
We picked up the freebie chocolate from Ghirardellis and then headed next door for some ice cream. It isn’t the cheapest but is among the best there is.

We had decided to make this a snack night in Epcot and it was a lovely night for it.

We started with some brisket beer sauce poutine fries from the Refreshment Post and these were very good and we shared them between the 3 of us.

We carried on round the World showcase and DS had a fish supper in the UK. I thought it looked a bit smaller this year but he scoffed it heartily.

After a detour back to the Electric Umbrella for a Pina colada for DW and some flavoured popcorn - buffalo bleu, cheese and sour cream and chive

we headed to France and DW and I shared a ham/cheese croissant and a Bacon and cheese roll from Les Halles.

Both pretty tasty.

We then shared an Croque Glace which was a scoop of mint ice cream with chocolate sauce in a pressed warm brioche bun. It was a little strange with hot a cold together but tasty all the same.

DS had a scoop of chocolate icey.

We had a great evening just wandering round the World Showcase and made sure we visited all the shops on the way round. Japan was a highlight.

Wearying by 9ish we decided to leave and headed back to the condo for some beers before bed. A classic Epcot night and why we love this park so much…..

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Brilliant updates👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig

Scotscraig's Reviews
Day 9

On Tim Tracker’s recommendation and given the tickets were pretty cheap we went for a totally left field day and headed to Legoland.

We decided to have breakfast at Dennys and so picked out the one in Haines City which at first sight looked like a Little Chef truckers stop.

It was however really nice and busy and spotlessly clean. We had perused the menus and decided that DW and I would share a Grand Slam sandwich and a southwestern skillet.

DS was let loose on the menu and decided he would have the Lumberjack breakfast which came with pancakes and toast. Despite our advice that this was vast he was adamant he could handle it….

I shouldn't have doubted him...

Food was good although the sandwich had a strange sweet taste which kind of spoiled it. With OJ’s and a 20% off coupon the check came to $37 with tip.

Pleasantly stuffed we headed to Legoland and quickly entered after getting some cokes from the freebie van parked outside.

It was boiling hot today and this didn’t help here but Legoland I’m afraid didn’t float out our boat. Great for young families but maybe not so great for teens. By mid morning I think we had had enough but we persisted and after seeing the excellent model areas we bailed out.

On a whim we decided we were peckish and headed to the Publix opposite the park and had a browse around. We couldn’t decide what we all wanted so plumped for these to share….

We thought there were only 9 in the box however when we opened it up there were 12! Well we couldn’t let them melt, so we scoffed the lot…..Very tasty. Like a mini mint Vienneta actually...

As we had left Legoland early a change of plan was needed as we had intended on trying Mannys for tea at Haines City however we were too early.

We then headed back home and headed to Disney Springs instead as everyone fancied an Earl of Sandwich for tea….

DW and I had originals and DS the pizza sandwich and we shared a mac and cheese side.

We had made some fast passes as a stand by for HS and so headed there for the evening and enjoyed a good night there. We got home at 9ish and had our usual beer and icy before bed at 2230.

Another good day.

Old 5 Aug 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig

Scotscraig's Reviews
Day 10

Up early for an trip today to Epcot and after cereal were on the road.

Bellies rumbling by mid morning and we headed to Sunshine Seasons for some snacks. I had a cheese Danish, Turtle brownie for DW and a choc chip muffin for the laddie to keep us going with some coffees.

After some Club Cool drinks we headed out of the park around lunchtime and we had a run to the Super Target on the 192 for some groceries and we shared some ice cream snacks in the car on the drive back to the Condo.

After filling the fridge it was off to NYPD Pizza for tea.

We managed to get a table before the rush and plumped for some garlic knots to start which was fantastic with marinara sauce.

We then shared a rolled pepperoni pizza and a large meat pizza. This was humungous and in my opinion one of the best pizzas I have ever eaten. The dough was superb and the toppings plentiful. We couldn’t eat it all and took away what was left.

Check was $52 inc tip. Magic…

Surprise, surprise DS managed to scoff these later. I have no idea where he puts it….

We then spent a nice evening in Epcot before an early night back for you guessed it – ice cream and bevvies….

Old 5 Aug 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Nightmare travel day, glad things improved when you finally arrived. Some great looking food, I see you share my love of chilli cheese/loaded fries
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig

Scotscraig's Reviews
Day 11

After a quick brekkie which included some Target muffins

it was off to AK today.

We only planned on doing a morning here and that was fine as it was boiling here. The notes say we left at 12 and we headed back to the resort where we had some crisps and ice cream and DW got some washing done. We had always wondered what Dollar Tree actually sold so early afternoon, as there was one directly across the road, we wandered in for a look. Basically it is a UK pound shop on steroids…..

As we were going to the football (sorry soccer) tonight in the city we decided to stop at Dr Phillips for tea at Toojays, based on reviews I had seen on Trip Advisor.

We were seated straight away although next to two families whose kids seemed unable to work out what seats were for (even when eating). Fairly annoying, however the food was excellent here and very filling.

DW had the Reuben, I had the pastrami deli hot dogs which we shared and were superb and DS the cheese and bacon hotdogs.

We had a sign up coupon for a free dessert (like we needed it) and we all ordered a dessert. I had the banana cream cake (best dessert of the trip in my op – very moist and surprisingly light – although not on the calories if I remember from reading the menu!), DW the Coconut cake (again really good) and DS a chocolate cake.

Excellent meal here in a nice restaurant which seemed to have more locals than tourists and with drinks and a tip came to $67.

We were still stuffed for most of the evening and so didn’t buy any further snacks/food at the Orlando City game. This was an excellent evening in a family type atmosphere in a modern stadium with a great atmosphere. There was also plenty of entertainment outside the ground before kick off. The only disappointment was Orlando cruelly losing 1-0 to New York Red Bulls.

I would add that we pre paid for parking in a multi storey in West South Street (City Commons Parking Garage) near to the Amway Centre. $11. Just produced the bar code voucher to the parking attendant. No stress, 10 min walk to stadium and after game finished exit road is almost straight onto the I4 and back at condo within 20 minutes….

Fantastic day…..

Edited at 09:34 PM.
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig

Scotscraig's Reviews
Day 12

Hoping for a bit of a lie in, we were nicely woken by DS having banter with his pals during a facetime conversation at 7am….Pesky kid…

After some cereal, it was off to Blizzard Beach which was good fun. It was busy however and by 12ish we had decided we had had enough.

Before leaving DW said she fancied a cinnamon bun from the Joffreys cart. The clueless guy however had suffered some form of breakdown (no not him personally, just the technology!) and nothing was working. A disgruntled DW then left advising she now wanted to go to Disney Springs for it instead.

Cue, an hour wandering around DS while we ordered coffees and doughnuts as they didn't have any Cinammon buns!. They were good though….

We then made a crazy decision to do the Fairways golf on about the hottest afternoon of the holiday. Bonkers and the sweat was ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ off us and we skipped a few holes to get shade and get finished.

We then decided on a drive down the other end of the 192 past Celebration, had a look around Target for a bit and bought these amongst other things

and then to the Olive Garden for tea.

Pleasantly starving we devoured the bread sticks and ranch salad like a plague of locusts.

We stayed on safe ground and all ordered lasagne.

Brave I know but it was superb and I think we managed another two orders of bread sticks which mopped up the spare sauce.

Unbelievably, we had a coupon for a free dessert and so shared a chocolate dessert.

It was pretty good. Absolutely stuffed we settled the bill of $67. Always a good meal here….

We noticed this in the bathroom afterwards which is the biggest plunger I have ever seen.

Maybe they were trying to tell us something…..

We headed back to HS for evening getting home at 9.15. Getting boring now, we had a beer and a small amount of icey….

Edited at 03:39 AM.