Old 23 Feb 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 22
looking forward to following along
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone x the champagne was a lovely treat to start the special holiday.
We also brought several naughty treats from M&S for the room, I am pretty sure there was chocolate eclairs and chocolate pretzels...

So travel day!
We hit the usual PI breakfast buffet and made a good dent. You can’t go wrong with it

Onto the virgin flight from LGW.
The usual and always enjoyable GnT. They now only serve aviation one which is owned by Ryan Reynolds, given he is gorgeous and a fab guy that will put do Gordon’s for me...but I always need 2 tonic waters as it’s a lot of gin for one small can! And I love string booze...and the pretzels, which it doesn’t matter you can get massive bags at home, they are never the same!

Onto dinner. I went for vegetable biriyani and everyone else went for the Mac and cheese. I liked mine, theirs were just ok. The salad was poor as always. I just feel they should stop wasting food and plastic on it as I have never seen one finished. The usual cement roll. And yummy but sickly pudding. It was ginger which I love but daughter hated it. Suppose it’s not the first flavour a kid likes. We both had white wine, kids started as they mean to go on with coke.

We then rather embarrassingly continued to eat with the snacks we brought from M&S, we had mini caterpillar cakes, luxury cheese wafers and pringles.
They then came around with the usual ice cream, it was a yummy smooth type. Sorry I photos of any of this!
Then onto pre landing tea. None of us really enjoyed this. The roll would of been nice had the tomato and mozzarella Not made it soggy 🤮 one of my food phobias. But the scone was gone, or scone if you will, in seconds as nice.

A rather long trip around Walmart stocking up, mainly on fluids as I wasn’t planning on cooking at all for these two weeks. As long as I have my margarita drinks in the USA I am happy

The size of foods out here never fail to shock and amuse us!
Now. The only thing I had said we would not be eating on this holiday was MacDonald’s. So naturally that is what we resorted to this evening. We were so tired and it was next to Walmart so there we go. The servings really are ridiculous. But we were fed and to bed.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

1st Morning

We popped to IHop on 192
We all had something different. A mixture of the usual pancakes, bacon and eggs and daughter had a toasted cheese sandwich which she didn’t particularly like as it tasted of old oil. Ours were ok. I liked the different flavour syrups, especially the strawberry one

We spent the first day at Magic Kingdom. It wasn’t the warmest day to try a dole whip but they are gorgeous none the less! It was sooo busy at the stall so I mobile ordered and it was ready in 60seconds!

We had a busy few hours. We felt a little peckish so shared 2 sets of tacos at pecobills. It was ok. Hubby enjoyed the toppings bar...
Then a couple of churros to share

Now. Don’t judge. We went to Golden Corral as saw the sign and thought why not. Well not for several reasons. It wasn’t the worst meal ever, and tbh the steak was actually pretty good! But we won’t be returning

That night daughter felt really ill. We weren’t sure if it was the quality of food or the quantity of puddings she put away...

Edited at 03:43 PM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
That night daughter felt really ill. We weren’t sure if it was the quality of food or the quantity of puddings she put away...
Oh no! I hope she was ok the next day. Looking forward to reading along
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 2 Hollywood studios

We headed here super early for the chance of rise of the resistance. I am pretty sure we had some muffins in the villa.
In the cue for slinky dog we had a few coffees.
Lunch was at woodys toy box. The totchos were actually really nice!

Daughter had grilled cheese and barrels and hubby the roast turkeys sandwich.
The poptart with chocolate and bacon was not good at all, disappointed!

We had a reservation for Oga cantina. I’ll be honest, the drinks were awful, you go for the experience.

Onwards to 50’s prime time.
It was fun but not amazing. We didn’t get a booth which we were hoping for. Servers changed half way through service. Not worth the money to be fair.
Hubby and I had the sampler plate, chicken very crispy!

Son went for the chicken

And daughter chicken pot pie

Both kids had milk shakes, but they were really giant puddings so not good before dinner!
Old 25 Feb 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
Oh no! I hope she was ok the next day. Looking forward to reading along
She was thank you, I have a mobile pharmacy so some meds and loads of water sorted her out!
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

All yummy so far, will definitely be following 😊
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great start! Following along x
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

That’s a good idea about mobile ordering the dole whip.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Love a food report! X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List