Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jul 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Woo Hoo - we're eating out tonight! Out / Inside too! At a nice country pub we go to about 20 mins away. Exciting stuff!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Must admit I’d struggle now to have everyone round for a proper sit down meal, with us 2, 4 children, 3 partners and 10 grandchildren... it’s 19, I can manage buffets but I’m not sure I’d know where to start doing a roast dinner for that many... and we’ve only got a bungalow... xx

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Woo Hoo - we're eating out tonight! Out / Inside too! At a nice country pub we go to about 20 mins away. Exciting stuff!
Have a lovely time 😀 Have you planned what you want to eat? It will feel a great treat after all these months

Outdoor pub and restaurants can open here in Wales today, typically it’s raining so I’m not sure if many will be busy. Indoor eating opens up on 3 August I believe.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Must admit I’d struggle now to have everyone round for a proper sit down meal, with us 2, 4 children, 3 partners and 10 grandchildren... it’s 19, I can manage buffets but I’m not sure I’d know where to start doing a roast dinner for that many... and we’ve only got a bungalow... xx
You should have a garden party for them all 😂 We have a bungalow too and it is a tight squeeze when they’re all here and we haven’t even got any grandchildren to squeeze in yet 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I think I’ve found a new hobby 😀 A really lovely, generous friend (who is also a Dibber) sent me some card making sets to try. I’m not very arty so I didn’t think I would be able to make anything but both DD and I spent a lovely couple of hours last night making our first ever Xmas cards. They’re not perfect but we’re very pleased with our first efforts

Old 14 Jul 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Have a lovely time 😀 Have you planned what you want to eat? It will feel a great treat after all these months .
I had antipasti with gorgeous bread and dipping balsamic, Chicken Caesar Salad (with a side of proper chunky chips) definitely not SW friendly - it was lovely just to be out and felt safe.
I think I’ve found a new hobby 😀 A really lovely, generous friend (who is also a Dibber) sent me some card making sets to try. I’m not very arty so I didn’t think I would be able to make anything but both DD and I spent a lovely couple of hours last night making our first ever Xmas cards. They’re not perfect but we’re very pleased with our first efforts
They're lovely!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX

Edited at 09:21 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I had antipasti with gorgeous bread and dipping balsamic, Chicken Caesar Salad (with a side of proper chunky chips) definitely not SW friendly - it was lovely just to be out and felt safe.

They're lovely!
Your meal sounds lovely. I do miss a meal out. We still have to wait a while for indoor restaurants to open up here, but outdoor areas are open now. I just wish the weather would improve for us actually eat out
Old 14 Jul 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Your meal sounds lovely. I do miss a meal out. We still have to wait a while for indoor restaurants to open up here, but outdoor areas are open now. I just wish the weather would improve for us actually eat out
We've booked our next one for a couple of weeks time with my brother and sis in law - it's a really popular local restaurant so we were lucky to get in. Everywhere seems to have only around 50% of the usual inside seating with extra outside seating added.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 14 Jul 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

djweks for us when everyone is here now it’s 15 and 19 if our step grandson and his wife and twins are here
If we are all here it’s I do the main course they all have to chip in something divided up between them
We have to use the formal dinning room in the main house we do have
Enough dinning chairs and we store 3 huge bits of MDF that cover our 2 dinning tables in the garage it gives us space to seat 22 and 2 high chairs I admit I love having them all it’s mayhem and can’t wait till we are all back together round the table
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Tigger seems to like the Hot Tub as much as we do 🤣