Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 May 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

Hot tub

a great positive in all this chaos...
I've wanted a hot tub for years (mainly for the kids) and with us not going on holiday this year now we finally decided to go for it..

You can't beat water for dealing with crabby bored kids
Old 5 May 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We got ours just before the lockdown, it’s an inflatable lazy-spa but we love it! It has brought us so much fun and entertainment during all the stay home days. Our 4 year old loves it too ... enjoy!
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

We got our in November and I am so pleased now that we didn't wait for the better weather or it might have been severely delayed.

I love it - best thing I ever bought and certainly now it gives me something to look forward to at the end of the day.

The kids won't sit still in it and get too hot but we often have a family game of rummy in there (plastic playing cards) and catch up and it's really nice.
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve got a Lay Z Spa on order but it’s not due to come into stock until July so we’ve got awhile to wait yet.
Old 5 May 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'd really love one and we have the space for it - convincing the the hubby is proving a little tricky.

If I could find one about £3500-4000 i'd be happy.

I want a "real" one rather than a lazy-spa one.
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
I'd really love one and we have the space for it - convincing the the hubby is proving a little tricky.

If I could find one about £3500-4000 i'd be happy.

I want a "real" one rather than a lazy-spa one.
ours is a hard shell one ...
I have wanted one for about 7 years but it never seemed to be the right time to spend that amount but with less other expenses this year, and knowing we would get way more use out of it, the stars alligned and it seemed the perfect time

We are completely loving it!
Old 5 May 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
We’ve got a Lay Z Spa on order but it’s not due to come into stock until July so we’ve got awhile to wait yet.
I pre ordered a Ibiza with lay z spa a few weeks ago due in June but I managed to order order a Cancun on Amazon yesterday it's coming tomorrow, the original one is square and bigger so dont know whether to hang on for that ?
Old 5 May 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
I pre ordered a Ibiza with lay z spa a few weeks ago due in June but I managed to order order a Cancun on Amazon yesterday it's coming tomorrow, the original one is square and bigger so dont know whether to hang on for that ?
I think I’d rather wait for the bigger one although I would be tempted to get one earlier.
I’m not telling DH as he’ll be pestering to cancel the one we’ve ordered.
Old 5 May 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
I think I’d rather wait for the bigger one although I would be tempted to get one earlier.
I’m not telling DH as he’ll be pestering to cancel the one we’ve ordered.
Lol this is the problem 🙈
Old 5 May 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
The Bobbo's
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We bought one two summers ago, just a Lay-Z-Spa. We loved it! I went to put our up three weeks ago and it wouldn't stop leaking! I cried - I was so disappointed. It was our 'family time'.

However...we decided to invest in a longer lasting hot tub which we could use all year round without any large electricity bills. We have ordered a wood burning hot tub. I'm so excited! We upgraded too, so have jacuzzi bubbles. I can't wait until it arrives. No more chemicals, and it heats up within 2 hours.