Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 May 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mebs03
Getting Excited

Mobile What’s everyone doing about August holidays?

This has probably been discussed loads of times already but thought I’d make my own thread as I’m getting a bit desperate.

We’ve got a package booked with VH for 16th August 20. We’ve paid a £550 deposit and the balance of £5k is due on 24th May. Obviously with everything going on we don’t want to go this year now & want to change to next year but like most other people I’ve tried every way possible to contact VH with no luck. I know there are others who are flying sooner & appreciate they need to be prioritised but we also stand to lose money & don’t know what to do. If we don’t pay balance on 24th we lose our deposit but if we do pay it & the holiday isn’t cancelled we lose the whole lot if we don’t go. Also if we pay the balance with the view to changing the dates but can’t get to speak to them until August as they are only speaking to people within 72 hrs of travelling, the prices will have shot up even more by then for next year & we won’t be able to pay the extra & will lose the whole lot anyway. They really have you over a barrel. What is everyone else doing in this situation?
Disney All Star Movies 2003,2005
Amerihost 2002
Mebs03 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are meant to be flying on 15th Aug.

Flights paid in full with BA.
Hotels booked direct with Disney and HRH.

At the moment we are just waiting as currently would only get taxes back if we cancel flight.

Our balance with Disney is due 20th June, bit I saw someone say yesterday they are allowing the balance paid later... so at the moment will wait until we have to pay Disney and make a decision
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’re in the same position. Package with virgin and due to fly in August - our balance is due 26th May. We aren’t going to pay the balance but also don’t want to lose our £700 deposit. I read that there is an option on the app to request a change or something but I’m guessing it shows up more closer to the balance being paid... surely they can’t keep our deposits if there’s no way of us contacting them ..
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mebs03
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
We’re in the same position. Package with virgin and due to fly in August - our balance is due 26th May. We aren’t going to pay the balance but also don’t want to lose our £700 deposit. I read that there is an option on the app to request a change or something but I’m guessing it shows up more closer to the balance being paid... surely they can’t keep our deposits if there’s no way of us contacting them ..
That’s what my DH thinks too but I’m not sure as we’re the ones effectively cancelling the contract. I filled in an amendment/callback form on 2/5 to change it but not surprisingly they haven’t got back to me. The thing is if we can’t get to change soon we’re not going to want to as the prices will be too much for next year.
Disney All Star Movies 2003,2005
Amerihost 2002
Mebs03 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Mobile

We were debating this over and over again and were due to fly 8th August for three weeks. Our balance was due 10th May.

After going back and forth with our decision we reluctantly cancelled and moved to next year.

Tbh I feel a massive sense of relief that I am back in control of the situation.
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

I'm in the same position but booked with TUI. Deposit of £1000 paid and balance of 10K due next week. We've decided we aren't going this year so I don't want to hand over the rest of the money and then have to wait to try and get it back. I've already booked another holiday for next August and decided we don't want to go to Florida next year in view of the 50th anniversary celebrations and lots of people rebooking and still unsure of whether there will be restrictions in place which we really don't want. Decided to go in 2022 when things have hopefully settled down. I booked in store and as the stores are shut and I'm hearing of people calling many many times and on hold for hours I emailed my local branch. I didn't expect for one minute to get a response as I know they are shut but within 10 minutes I had a call from a member of staff who was working from home. I am in the process of trying to change the holiday and put the £1000 deposit towards that as I really don't want to lose the money.
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have a road trip booked for the east coast taking in Niagara Falls, Washington DC and New York.

Not interested one bit in going. Hotels are refundable, just waiting for flights to be cancelled which I hope they will be or we will cancel them.

Personally don't think the borders will be open by Trump and even if they are I don't want to go at this moment in time and will only consider it when there is a vaccine.

Happy to holiday in this country for the foreseeable future.
Old 16 May 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post

I would definitely not be paying the balance on a VH holiday in August. I would be prepared to write off the deposit, in view of the difficulty in contacting VH.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We are same position 16th August flying with virgin booked via netflights almost 4k and paid in full and hotel booked direct with disney. I'm thinking I'll probably cancel disney which is due in June and lose deposit. I just don't want to go now August even if flight goes to be honest. I will be gutted as we haven't been for 3 years as been saving. Im just terrified of going and not worth it for the anxiety. My best hope is a refund if virgin cancel my flight. Then again from what I've rad virgin and netflights haven't refunded anyone 🙄 suppose we will have to wait and see. Wish the FCO would put a more definite date out there. I'm feeling nervous about youngest going back to school let alone a holiday. Good luck everyone what ever you decide x
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We were due to go to Fuerteventura in August, but decided against it. I’ve cancelled the villa with HomeAway & thought we’d lose the deposit. However they have refunded it as a credit (not the full amount, but it was a bonus anyway) to allow us to re-book. Flights are with Ryanair & have been paid in full. Just hoping they cancel & we get a refund, but if we don’t, we don’t.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List