Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jul 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
So not sure if I am doing the right thing.

Got the email this morning saying that my outbound is cancelled (BA) and it says I can change booking by going to manage my booking. I click on the link to change booking and it tells me to ring a telephone number, when I ring the number it says cannot take your call right don't worry you will be contacted make sure that your details are up to date on the booking.

Should I be waiting for them to contact me to ask if I want a refund or to move, the automated message just says please only call if your travel is 8 weeks or less which ours is as its only 5 weeks. As moving is free I want to move it a bit later in August and chance it, can't move it any more than that this year because of school holidays.
I would still be pro-active about your flights especially as your are trying to fit in your trip within school holidays - if the phone line isn't taking calls perhaps try Twitter (if you use it) or Online Chat. Hope it works out for you.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Just got off the phone to BA, they transferred the money over to my other booking so that is paid in full and refunded the rest to my credit card.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by shawny122 View Post
We did that last time but can’t push it back any further into august now so hoping to move to Christmas or Easter but the flight options are only available on some days and are all indirect with weird connection times! Very odd!
Disney offered us indirect on 7th but I didn't fancy it with all these cancellations (not sure why but I felt I shouldn't ) they pushed us back to 9th, lost our Contemporary and Poly split stay as the dates we needed weren't available, but put us in Wilderness Lodge with fireworks view. I'm guessing we will end up moving to next year but I've done all I can.
Kawaii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ukitr
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by shawny122 View Post
Has anyone else tried to reschedule their flights to later in the year/next year? When I click on choose new flights it will only show me indirect options with very random flight times!
Called BA in the end and moved 14 nights to Easter (9 -23 April) for 2a 2c, lhr-mco (direct), CBR, £3350. Really pleased
ukitr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Harryfinn
Getting Excited

Well ours was cancelled yesterday for 4th August. Have switched to 4th October without any additional cost to our business seats, sadly lost our poly res but staying at yacht club now. Having 6 nights at hard Rock and doing HHN which always wanted to do. Onwards and upwards we will get there at some point hopefully before I'm too old to go on those rides 🤣
Harryfinn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

BA sent a text, we can cancel, get vouchers or move to nearest flight. Is there any advantage to vouchers instead of cash?

Can I move flights to December for the same price if I call them?

We had a fly drive booked so have only paid deposit.

Thanks
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
BA sent a text, we can cancel, get vouchers or move to nearest flight. Is there any advantage to vouchers instead of cash?

Thanks
You can move to December for no charge on the flights but you’ll have to pay the price difference in car hire. I would do a couple of dummy bookings to see what would be cheaper

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Thank you!
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
superry
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post

Thanks
I spoke to BA about this yesterday, BA will let you move the flights without charge only as long as the new travel date is within 1 year of the original booking date. You will pay the difference of any hotel/car hire prices if higher regardless.
superry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
You can move to December for no charge on the flights but you’ll have to pay the price difference in car hire. I would do a couple of dummy bookings to see what would be cheaper
Wonder what the difference would have been on ours. When our outbound July flight was cancelled I did online chat to see how much December would be and was just quoted exactly the same price as showing online at the time so cancelled and then rebooked later with a lower deposit. Paying quite a bit more. No idea if we'd be better off if we'd just been able to pay any car hire difference.

Edited at 09:50 AM.
Orlando 2004 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread