Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jun 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lesley Cassidy
Very Serious Dibber

Question Thinking of a Summer house

Thinking of getting a Summer house with some of my redundancy pay.
Would like to know if you have one do you use it all year and what does it look like thank you
Lesley Cassidy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lesley Cassidy View Post
Thinking of getting a Summer house with some of my redundancy pay.
Would like to know if you have one do you use it all year and what does it look like thank you
We were building a summer house office in our garden between planning and purchase we decided my mum needed to live with us and changed it to an annex.

However in our planning we had decided to go with Johnson’s garden buildings as we hAve friends that have used them, we also decided to pay for decent insulation and power installed on its own breaker board. The reason for this was that it just made it more usable all year.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We have this barbecue house and we can use it all year. If you light the fire for heat in winter, it can get too hot, so we also have an electric panel heater in there to warm it up when we don’t want to use the fire. Ours has no insulation but the walls are about 6 inches thick. It’s been lovely to have somewhere to go in the evening during this past year or so.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I cannot recommend tuin enough . We are still landscaping but Ours is all year use , double glazed and Huge 6m x 3m . No builders just us and we are no builders .

We stuck with an electric log burner as the building insurance was sky high to install a real log burner in it but it’s fully insulated floor and roof and 40mm thick logs .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

I can also recommend Tuin, we bought our one last year (although prices have almost doubled since then but I believe wood prices have gone up everywhere).

Really good communication and support during building. We did it all ourselves and we are chuffed with the result.
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We had a traditional (as opposed to double glazed/plastered etc) summerhouse built in spring.

We use it a lot!

Here are a couple of photos taken from the thread I made about it at the time, pictures are from when first built, it has now got a lot of lush greenery around it, the trees off the raised deck are in full leaf and it has all settled into the garden well

Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
We had a traditional (as opposed to double glazed/plastered etc) summerhouse built in spring.

We use it a lot!

Here are a couple of photos taken from the thread I made about it at the time, pictures are from when first built, it has now got a lot of lush greenery around it, the trees off the raised deck are in full leaf and it has all settled into the garden well

Beautiful , I have that anchor in ours 😍😍 and a bar and office 😉
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Beautiful , I have that anchor in ours 😍😍 and a bar and office 😉
Thank you!

And that anchor was so cute I just had to have it!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
Not a summer house but we have bought our gazebo from Tuin this year. Very helpful and delivery service was excellent
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by legolass View Post
I can also recommend Tuin, we bought our one last year (although prices have almost doubled since then but I believe wood prices have gone up everywhere).

Really good communication and support during building. We did it all ourselves and we are chuffed with the result.
I’ve just checked the price of ours now 😱😱 I cannot believe it’s doubled in less than 6 months . Crazy and glad we ordered when we did.
Sept 24 POFQ