Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Aug 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Magnetic eyelashes?

Hi all, I am not usually big into make up but we are booked on a Disney cruise in a months time and so I thought I would make an effort! I've tried stick on false eyelashes in the past but found them a real faff, am looking at the new magnetic ones but where to start?

Does anyone have any sets, and what brand would you recommend?

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I've used them but I don't wear eyeliner and you have to use the magnetic eyeliner to get them to stick and I was't keen on the look and I couldn't get it neat either. I've also used the ones which have a set of top and bottom lashes and you are mean to clasp them to either side of your natural lashes but I just couldn't get them to work for me.

On the recommendation of a make up artist I now use Ardell demi wispie lashes and duo glue and I have cracked it. I let the glue dry for 30 seconds and place them on my lash line whilst looking down in to a mirror. It only took a short while for me to master this method.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’m not a make up expert at all but do you think a lift and tint might work? I was thinking of getting one done myself if I ever get to go on holiday again. 😅
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Hi all, I am not usually big into make up but we are booked on a Disney cruise in a months time and so I thought I would make an effort! I've tried stick on false eyelashes in the past but found them a real faff, am looking at the new magnetic ones but where to start?

Does anyone have any sets, and what brand would you recommend?
I did buy some on a whim, they look lovely in my drawer🙄

It was the Lola Sapphire set.
Company seem good and lots of choice with application tips.
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've got the eyelure ones and think they're the best thing since sliced bread.
I'm over 60 and never had false lashes in my life but mine are a little sparse now so I paid £17.99 for them. I learned to apply the eyeliner (which I've never used either) and got the least 'in ya face lashes'. Amazing! Can't feel them, they're subtle and very easy to apply.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
I bought some cheap ones from amazon..(£6ish) as I didn't want to waste my money if I couldn't do them.
I can't do ordinary/glue false eyelashes, but these I found so easy. I don't wear eyeliner but managed to do it. They stayed put all day until I took them off at night. At first I could feel them but got used to them pretty quickly.
Old 17 Aug 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

I brought some from Amazon, but had problems putting them on had several goes , I wear glasses so that didn’t help blind as a bat without them .
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

I've not used magnetic lashes - in fact I haven't used false lashes before apart from pre-glued years ago which are okay. I have just ordered some from Silly George - they have really good reviews but they are not magnetic as such but you use an eyeliner and then attach the lash to it. They are supposed to work really well. Have a google and look at some YouTube videos.. it may be what you're looking for? I will report back when I have tried them
Old 18 Aug 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
I've not used magnetic lashes - in fact I haven't used false lashes before apart from pre-glued years ago which are okay. I have just ordered some from Silly George - they have really good reviews but they are not magnetic as such but you use an eyeliner and then attach the lash to it. They are supposed to work really well. Have a google and look at some YouTube videos.. it may be what you're looking for? I will report back when I have tried them
Please report back. I’ve had a look at the Silly George ones and they look good.👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Please report back. I’ve had a look at the Silly George ones and they look good.👍🏻
Yes they sound perfect don't they - almost too good to be true. I will be trying them tomorrow and will let you know