Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Sep 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Large car - 2 weeks July

Just trying to get an idea of what people have paid in the past for 2 weeks car hire in July.
Looking at a price of approx £330 on Auto Europe with Budget for next July.
Would this be around normal?
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Just trying to get an idea of what people have paid in the past for 2 weeks car hire in July.
Are you talking about hire in Europe or the US
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
In current world it would be phenomenal! What dates and pick up point.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
In current world it would be phenomenal! What dates and pick up point.
As you say that's more than phenomenal having regard to the current scary rates. Even the Budget site direct is showing over £1,200 (guessing MCO and mid-July)

Worth checking that it includes both CDW with no excess and $1m SLI.

If it does then book it now.

Mick
Old 11 Sep 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
As it is in the Florida planning section I didn’t think I needed to say it’s a US booking 😀
We’re picking up at MCO on the 9th and returning on the 23rd. Available on the autoeurope website. I’m looking at prices in euro so did a rough conversion. It’s probably closer to £350.
I thought it is a great price but am second guessing myself with everything in relation to next summer!

Edited at 08:30 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
As it is in the Florida planning section I didn’t think I needed to say it’s a US booking 😀
We’re picking up at MCO on the 9th and returning on the 23rd. Available on the autoeurope website. I’m looking at prices in euro so did a rough conversion. It’s probably closer to £350.
I thought it is a great price but am second guessing myself with everything in relation to next summer!
Looks a tad "glitchy" to me compared with all the other models. You could try to book and see what happens. As I said before though check the insurance

Edited at 08:55 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Looks a tad "glitchy" to me compared with all the other models. You could try to book and see what happens. As I said before though check the insurance
Thanks Mick, it has been showing that price for about 3 weeks now. I had been waiting for the Alamo prices to come down but then was thinking to myself I should probably secure it as the news on the chip shortage being resolved wasn’t great during the week.

I’ll check the insurances but have used AE a few times in the past and always had the full cover with them.
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

just had a quick look for august dates with AE, £873 for a versa with CDW 0 excess etc full to full fuel included (sixt). with that car it would be "luggage follows us in uber" and pretty pricy as others have found. 885 for a jetta "kids the hand luggage is in the footwells deal with it"

for your dates on the UK site it says 753 for me (jetta with sixt) or 743 for a versa "kids you are on the roof im afraid"

if that cheap "large" car exists then book it as it looks a deal in the current madness.

Edited at 04:31 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Id recommend going for it at that price. You can soon cancel / amend if a better deal comes up in the future. Is that on airport pickup as well? Theres a few deals around for some hotel offices.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Id recommend going for it at that price. You can soon cancel / amend if a better deal comes up in the future. Is that on airport pickup as well? Theres a few deals around for some hotel offices.
Thanks Andy, yes it’s on airport pickup - MCO.

I logged into the.co.uk site and see that they don’t offer that deal there.

It’s a first as I usually see better deals for British customers than for Irish.

Hertz are notorious for it - have see £100’s difference between hertz.ie and .co.uk sites over the years never in my favour though. I even contacted their customer service one time to discuss with them but didn’t get anywhere 😀