Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Sep 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
thepixaralien
New Poster (3)

Finding Nemo The Musical

Just seen the news from WDWNT that Finding Nemo The Musical is permanently closed at AK.

Absolutely gutted about this.

I thought it was great to have a musical production condensed into 30 mins (or whatever it was).
A great way to have a sit down, enjoy the AC and watch a show with great music.

I feel sorry for whatever comes next, it'll be a tough act to follow (IMO) ...
thepixaralien is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

I'm shocked by that - I know (I believe) that 40 minutes could seem like a long time for kids to sit still and through songs they've never heard before, but it was an excellent production like you said.

And who doesn't want AC for that period of time in Florida!

A tough act to follow indeed - must be something good/current though. 15 years is a long run for any show.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

My daughter will be devastated when she hears this news. She got to meet the cast through a simple Facebook group request a few years ago. One of the members had a friend in costuming who arranged it for her. She had even become "real world" friends with her now.

My daughter has become Instagram friends with a few of the cast and will be very sad for them. In reality it has been shut for so long now I didn't really expect it to come back. It hasn't had the huge popularity of the Lion King show either.

Hopefully they will develop something new and even better soon.
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

I’m devastated 😢🐠🐟🐡
Finding Nemo was the first musical I took both my DSs to…
& it holds so many happy memories
I know things have to change & evolve but it’s a classic !
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Sad to see it go. Would be much more excited to hear it was being retired to make room for some kind of replacement. But sounds like that hasn't been alluded to at all?

Shame - Nemo was a huge guest eater. Those couple of shows each day helped control crowds with a nice air conditioned respite. Even if a replacement is eventually announced, given the pace that Disney moves, it will be '23 before something is up and running in that theater.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Oh no - that's really sad.

We always make sure we see that show on every visit, so have been very fortunate to have seen it a fair few times.

That's a big theatre so a good "crowd eater" so you can only guess there will be a replacement show in due course. Fingers crossed...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
Sad to see it go. Would be much more excited to hear it was being retired to make room for some kind of replacement. But sounds like that hasn't been alluded to at all?

Shame - Nemo was a huge guest eater. Those couple of shows each day helped control crowds with a nice air conditioned respite. Even if a replacement is eventually announced, given the pace that Disney moves, it will be '23 before something is up and running in that theater.
Disney haven't announced anything yet, the news is because they've apparently started stripping out the sets.

When they officially announce it, it might be coupled with new show plans. However because the building is (kind of) in Dinoland, I suspect it will sit empty until they announce whatever they're planning to do with that entire area of the park.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Gutted. It was one of the things we ran out of time for when we were there in 2019. We said we would do it 'next time' in 2021.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Gutted if this happens. One of our favourite shows 😢

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
northpetherton
Excited about Disney

Disney Parks have just tweeted. It’s being re imagined for 2022. More details to come. 👍
northpetherton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List