Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Oct 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

Unless this level of service (or lack of it) was made clear before arrival or at the very least on check-in, I would be fuming at this.

The excuse is totally gash. What has a mandate to wear masks indoors got to do with anything? You're not in the room when it is being serviced. Are they saying they are so worried about the towels and sheets etc. carrying infection that they will wait until the end of each stay and then send someone in in a hazmat suit to take them all out? What a load of rubbish.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
We have friends currently staying at The Yacht Club and they are saying that there is practically no servicing of the rooms.

They’ve been there for 10 nights and have been making their own bed, having to go and get fresh towels from the mousekeeping station, no one is collecting the used towels and that when they complained about no fresh sheets after 4 nights they came back to their room after being at the park to find clean sheets just dumped outside their door.

They went to complain at reception and were told my management that whilst the rules about wearing masks indoors continue then that’s how the room mousekeeping service will remain.

I don’t know about you but I find this astonishing. They have 1000s of people in the parks watching fireworks, eating and shopping but they won’t allow 1 person in a room, by themselves, in a room to clean.

We’ve just got back from Lanzarote and although we needed to wear mask whilst inside we had full daily housekeeping service and even a daily turn down service.
Do you, I don’t !
Covid regulations are there to protect employees as well as visitors . Seems lots of Americans don’t “get it” looking a tripadvisor (not just Disney) and are moaning that US hotels aren’t providing housekeeping . Its a general thing , not just at Disney at the moment.
I think I could manage to make my bed , collect clean towels without it ruining my holiday but I guess everyone is different.
We all know Covid stays on surfaces and can transmit that way so is a risk. Very different to wandering around outside.

Edited at 11:44 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I assume they are offering a discount/credit for lack of cleaning. I can't imagine paying $500 a night + to stay in a dirty room all week.
Time I spend in my hotel room at Disney it never gets “dirty” , what on earth do you do in your room?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Time I spend in my hotel room at Disney it never gets “dirty” , what on earth do you do in your room?
me neither its not that hard to keep a room clean & tidy when you are out most of the time. It always makes me wonder why people expect clean sheets everyday in a hotel when they probably don't change their sheets daily at home.
Even when they did full housekeeping they didn't change the sheets everyday they just made the beds and replaced towels & toiletries ect if needed.

even pre covid they offered a reduce housekeeping service ok so yes at the time you got a gift card as in incentive but it really made no difference to our holiday. I can make my own bed I do it at home everyday you left any bagged rubbish or dirty towels outside the door for collection and if you needed anything you just called and they left if outside your room if you weren't in. Sounds very similar to the service that is currently be offered so def wouldn't ruin my holiday.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've stayed at the Beach Club plenty of times, for periods from 7 to 14 nights and I have absolutely no idea how often the sheets were changed, or if they were changed at all.

At home we change the bed once a week - I'm not sure why I'd need hotel bedding changed any more frequently than that, and it's not particularly environmentally friendly to change and launder bedding every day, is it?

For many years now, in hotels, we always do the "hang towels back up if you don't need them to be changed" thing, again for environmental reasons. I imagine they are changed periodically but, again, I couldn't tell you when nor how often.

Moaners gotta moan, I think.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If the premier inn and travelodge can provide room cleaning I’m sure Disney can too
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Apparently the housekeepers hate it being called mousekeeping. I've read it in several places over the years.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Housekeeping is an issue in all hotels , same as waits in restaurants , or fast food closing early etc as they don’t have the staff.

Edited at 01:40 PM.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

So there is no need to leave tips for housekeeping then?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
If the premier inn and travelodge can provide room cleaning I’m sure Disney can too
Most Premier Inns stopped doing daily room cleaning too.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List