Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Oct 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I don’t think it’s got anything to do with covid more to do with people no longer wanting to work in hospitality anymore.
In the UK we also have a shortage of hospitality staff due to Brexit not covid, loads of hotels not offering daily housekeeping not because they don’t want to they simply don’t have the staff to do these jobs .
Old 6 Oct 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Since Vegas at lot of hotels do a mandatory room check even if they don’t service or the DND sign is on.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ROO View Post
I don’t think it’s got anything to do with covid more to do with people no longer wanting to work in hospitality anymore.
In the UK we also have a shortage of hospitality staff due to Brexit not covid, loads of hotels not offering daily housekeeping not because they don’t want to they simply don’t have the staff to do these jobs .
100%

Throughout the USA we have an issue with staff in roles such as housekeeping, bar tending and serving .

You may have a long wait for a table to eat, then enter and wonder why as lots of tables are empty. It’s the lack of staff.

My local Starbucks closes at 2 pm, my subway at 6pm and Longhorns is only opening from 4pm etc

Edited at 04:11 PM.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

I suppose it is expectations. When I go on holiday and pay for a decent hotel and a decent room then I expect it to be kept clean and fresh. If it is a cheap motel I simply expect it to be clean when I arrive.

If there is no housekeeping then I expect a discount on the regular pricing. Others disagree but my thoughts are "its a holiday and I dont want to be changing sheets, making beds, cleaning the floor and bathroom" as I do that at home and go on holiday to get away from it - I pay accordingly.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
On the Pop century FB page someone posted a screenshot of a WDW housekeeper ad on Indeed.
$17 p.h with $1000 hiring bonus and a $1000 bonus after 150 days
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
On the Pop century FB page someone posted a screenshot of a WDW housekeeper ad on Indeed.
$17 p.h with $1000 hiring bonus and a $1000 bonus after 150 days
I'd be tempted myself for that
Old 6 Oct 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Hold on, so for my Pop Century stay in November I have the attached option in my check-in. Are they not adhering to that?

Edited at 07:00 PM.
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m capable of making a bed and changing towels, etc. But I’m on holiday - I do enough of that stuff throughout the year and I’m paying the hotel to do it.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Isn’t the point that cruise ships do more cleaning *because* they are a riskier environment ?
Even in more normal times you’d often hear and D&V spreading like wildfire through cruise ships.
On a cruise I’d expect daily cleaning , in a hotel if I wanted a linen change I’d just ask for it at the moment , if they just gave me sheets I’d just spend two minutes doing it.
At the moment I’d sanitise most surfaces in a hotel myself anyway for my own peace of mind

Originally Posted by assos View Post
The thing I don't get is this:

Last week I paid ~£660 for 2 nights on the Disney Magic, as well as my room that included food & entertainment. The room was cleaned before I got there, then before bed you get a turn down service. The next morning the room is tidied / cleaned again, and you get a turn down service before bed again.

Next year I'm booked for 5 nights at Coronado Springs. I'm paying £1170. Admittedly this does work out about £100 / night cheaper than the cruise, but I don't get any food or live entertainment included with that.

It's widely known that cruise ships are about the riskiest environment possible in terms of COVID.

So if they can do 2 room services a day in a highly risky environment, why can't they do one in a lower-risk environment? As others have said if it's down to staffing, then they should be proactively offering a goodwill gesture - I suspect most people would be quite happy if they were told unfortunately we can't offer full housekeeping at the moment, here's a (using an example of a 5-night stay) $50 gift card by way of apology, and you're free to collect new towels/bedding whenever you wish.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
If the premier inn and travelodge can provide room cleaning I’m sure Disney can too
Most Premier or Travelodge bookings are for one or two night stays and not two weeks to be fair .
Rooms are deep cleaned between stays.
Hampton by Hilton aren’t doing daily cleaning either according to the note left in our room recently.

On the upside housekeeping seems to start later so it’s quieter early in the morning.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List