Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Oct 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

who still hasn't book their flights for 2022?

we have Disney and accommodations booked for June/July. suppose to book flights when it came out but didn't.. thinking it might drop prices. but now it has gone sooo much more expensive..

im totally freaking out.. anyone still holding off to book their flights for next summer?

with my problems is there's 10 of us.. online and over the phone only allow to book 9 max.. I don't mind booking sept booking, but have come across they only have a limited tickets at certain price and the second bookings seems soo much more expensive, which is what im trying to avoid.. sigh!
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Our return date hasn't opened up yet but current flight price is £700 more than the one we just cancelled! Near enough the same dates, only 1 day different.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

What dates are you flying from and where?
Your count down is similar to ours.

We booked Disney back in May, booked flights around 1-2 weeks after release, no idea what they were On release date as were were originally planning Aug but when I seen price of June/July flights I changed and glad as no way we could have afforded Aug.

Our flights have increased but tend to fluctuate.

We are

Aberdeen/London heathrow, 25/6/22
1 night at Sofitel
London/Orlando 26/6/22
Orlando/London 10/7/22
Day room and night Sofitel 11/7/22 (paying using tesco vouchers)
London/Aberdeen 12/7/22

We have booked as custom package and paid around £780 p/p 3 adults 1 child including all flights, luggage and first night in Sofitel.

If you can turn into custom trip/package Play about as sometimes get better price. I’m happy with our price as broken down I think Aberdeen/London is pricey with BA. Good luck :-)
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Restomaniac
Proud to wear my Ears

For like for like we had to move from Virgin into MCO to TUI package into Melbourne to keep the costs down. When I say keep the costs down looking at the year on year flight price raises it was obvious it was gunna be more expensive. We used a local TA that we’ve used for years to save on the faff and they were great.

Edited at 09:18 PM.
Restomaniac is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

We haven’t booked flights yet for July 2022. We booked 2 weeks at Disney but can go for 3 so going to book a stopover somewhere on route to extend the holiday and hopefully keep flight prices down. Tbh it’s probably my last big trip with DD20 for a while so I’ll pay whatever I need to - luckily there’s only 2 of us.
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I held back every penny of our 3 cancellations of Easter 2020, Summer 2020 and Summer 2021 (effectively 2 vacations worth including spending money).

We booked on release for Easter Vacation 2022 , London Toronto and Miami London via JFK for an hour. £490pp including hold baggage. That one is now all booked up and paid for inc spends.

We are waiting for release of tickets for my Wife and I’s first vacation without the kids, waiting on London-San Francisco and San Diego- London straddled over Autumn Half term (15 nights) in 2022. Research indicates that I can expect to pay £470- £490pp hand baggage only with BA upon release day. (we travel light when in constant climate). We then need Santa Barbara- Las Vegas 1 way and Tucson- San Diego 1 way. These should come in at £60 or so each pp.

We will also be expecting 2x Longhauls in 2023, SFO, Honolulu-Vancouver for 1 and Vietnam-Cambodia for the other… at which time we will have overwritten the impact of Covid on vacations by averaging 1 x longhauls a year on average 2020-2023.

Excited is not the word for it!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:44 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kermit1982 View Post
What dates are you flying from and where?
Your count down is similar to ours.

We booked Disney back in May, booked flights around 1-2 weeks after release, no idea what they were On release date as were were originally planning Aug but when I seen price of June/July flights I changed and glad as no way we could have afforded Aug.

Our flights have increased but tend to fluctuate.

We are

Aberdeen/London heathrow, 25/6/22
1 night at Sofitel
London/Orlando 26/6/22
Orlando/London 10/7/22
Day room and night Sofitel 11/7/22 (paying using tesco vouchers)
London/Aberdeen 12/7/22

We have booked as custom package and paid around £780 p/p 3 adults 1 child including all flights, luggage and first night in Sofitel.

If you can turn into custom trip/package Play about as sometimes get better price. I’m happy with our price as broken down I think Aberdeen/London is pricey with BA. Good luck :-)

Yeah ur dates very similar to mine. We are going on 27th jun n return on 11th July. We can fly from dub or Belfast. I had a great price 1 month ago n come back in business class too as it was only £150 more to do business class on the return. But all gone. Direct flight dub to Mco also disappeared for some reason. 😔 I’m guessing that’s the reason prices went up so much.
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I held back every penny of our 3 cancellations of Easter 2020, Summer 2020 and Summer 2021 (effectively 2 vacations worth including spending money).

We booked on release for Easter Vacation 2022 , London Toronto and Miami London via JFK for an hour. £490pp including hold baggage. That one is now all booked up and paid for inc spends.

We are waiting for release of tickets for my Wife and I’s first vacation without the kids, waiting on London-San Francisco and San Diego- London straddled over Autumn Half term (15 nights) in 2022. Research indicates that I can expect to pay £470- £490pp hand baggage only with BA upon release day. (we travel light when in constant climate). We then need Santa Barbara- Las Vegas 1 way and Tucson- San Diego 1 way. These should come in at £60 or so each pp.

Excited is not the word for it!
Wow. Those are really good prices!
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No as still in limbo not knowing if we can travel with an unvaccinated 13 year old. Flights we want will be released soon for both US and Europe. Need to know soon 🙏
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Wow. Those are really good prices!
I avoid flying anywhere near Orlando from London. It does not cost much though to fly into Orlando from any US airport on a regional.. I am confident that I can get any multi city return long haul to any large/hub type airport in North America at around £500 per adult at any time of year on an early booking… if you don’t believe me, then try it!

London- SFO, then LA- London for example.

SFO, LA, San Diego, Vancouver, Boston, NY (usually even cheaper) , D.C., Philly, Charlotte, Atlanta, Toronto….. Vegas legs seem to cost a little more!

It is simply a question of what you seek in a vacation… and of course, what the budget is.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:02 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List