Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Oct 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Has retirement made you lazy?

My wife would say that I’ve always been lazy which I think is very unfair but since my forced retirement (due to being burnt out and leaving me little choice), I struggle to get much done and the list of jobs around the house, garden and outbuildings I have to do is mounting up.

I put everything off until tomorrow and then tomorrow comes and I put it off until the next day, and although I can make excuses and blame the male menopause issues I suffer with I have to be a man and admit I am lazy since retiring.

So have any of my dibb family found that since retirement they have also become lazy?

Edited at 08:42 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I've always been lazy.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

OH and I retired 3 years ago and ‘tomorrow’ quickly became our favourite word!
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
My wife would say that I’ve always been lazy which I think is very unfair but since my forced retirement (due to being burnt and leaving me little choice), I struggle to get much done and the list of jobs around the house, garden and outbuildings I have to do is mounting up.

I put everything off until tomorrow and then tomorrow comes and I put it off until the next day, and although I can make excuses and blame the male menopause issues I suffer with I have to be a man and admit I am lazy since retiring.

So have any of my dibb family found that since retirement they have also become lazy?
The opposite, we do so much more than when we worked.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I'm only semi retired and my laziness has gone off the scale!

I cant be bothered to do anything, need to motivate myself as I'm getting huge and need to show the life guard at the top of an Aquatica slide that I'm not too fat to ride it

Need to go back to the gym but still scared of the Rona after my wife nearly dying.

Come on MH motivate us
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore14
Apprentice Imagineer

Eeyore14's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I don’t know how I had time to go to work! But I do get up later.
However, I wouldn’t say you were being lazy, you’re just doing things at a much slower pace, which gives others the impression that you’re not doing anything!
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
MH. I am impressed! A serious thread from you.

We nearly fell in to that trap but then decided that wasn't the way we wanted to go.

So our answer is lists! On Sunday compile a list of everything to do that week even if it's stupid things like cleaning a wardrobe out. my jobs revolve around things that need doing akin to construction projects.

We even set days that we will do long walks or short walks etc

Finally we decided to do in depth research of my Wife's Family Tree that so far has taken nearly 2 years and we haven't even scratched the surface.

I decided not to do my Family as I suspect my Ancestors got transported to the Colonies.

Far too easy to become lazy and when you are in that cycle it's hard to get out of it. Best of luck.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eeyore14 View Post
I don’t know how I had time to go to work! But I do get up later.
However, I wouldn’t say you were being lazy, you’re just doing things at a much slower pace, which gives others the impression that you’re not doing anything!
That’s a very good point that I’m just doing everything at a much slower pace, and I will explain that to my wife when she complains that I spend my days sitting in my armchair eating chunky kitkats and watching pointless videos on youtube.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Well MH, you certainly aren't lazy in terms of the Dibb posts

Not lazy but 6 months in we still feel we are on holiday, housework goes by the board but we love going for walks, pottering in the garden and walking places we would previously drive due to lack of time! Unfortunately as well as housework, jobs around that need to be done around the house aren't getting done - wardrobes still have no handles and the plastic on nearly 11 months in!

As someone else said we get up later and maybe have an extra cup of tea before we start the day, but isn't that what retirement is about or is that classed as lazy?

BTW weekends and weekdays no longer mean anything different which we still find weird
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
MH. I am impressed! A serious thread from you.

We nearly fell in to that trap but then decided that wasn't the way we wanted to go.

So our answer is lists! On Sunday compile a list of everything to do that week even if it's stupid things like cleaning a wardrobe out. my jobs revolve around things that need doing akin to construction projects.

We even set days that we will do long walks or short walks etc

Finally we decided to do in depth research of my Wife's Family Tree that so far has taken nearly 2 years and we haven't even scratched the surface.

I decided not to do my Family as I suspect my Ancestors got transported to the Colonies.

Far too easy to become lazy and when you are in that cycle it's hard to get out of it. Best of luck.
M Tom, I’ve recently started to do some family history research, isn’t it fascinating?

Much to my (very straight laced) moms shock, her grandparents had a number of children before they got married, very unusual back in the late 1800’s we think 😱😱😱

I’m loving retirement, not missed work once!
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List