Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Apr 14, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kasi
Getting Excited

Adding Another perso to Hotel Bookings

Hi

Our eldest daughter has decided to join us on our West Coast Road trip this year so it will now be the 4 of us going. We have 5 hotels booked (2 double beds) for our 2 week stay.
My question is, do we have to inform each hotel that there will be an extra person, or can we just turn up on the day and let them know then?

Thanks

Int Drive,2004-Sheraton 2005,Sher Safari 2006,Orlando/Sarasota 2007,Bahama Bay 2008,Lake Garda 2009,Tuscan Hills 2010,Tuscan Hills 2011, California Road trip 2012.NY,Orlando/Anna Maria Island 2013.CAL/Nevada/Arizona road trip 2014
kasi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 14, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Good question, I'd like to know if there is a definitive answer as this may affect us too.

Personally if I pay a per room price with 2 double beds then I wouldn't bother informing them especially as you are already using both beds, however if it meant I needed a rollaway or extra breakfast then I would. Be interesting to hear any other opinions
Old 17 Apr 14, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
becky2203
Imagineer

becky2203's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I've had this issue a few times. One year my DB decided to join us two weeks before we flew out to San Diego, I emailed the hotel as a courtesy however I, like you, assumed it would not be a problem as I had actually booked an all suite hotel, and our suite had a separate living room with a sofa bed. The hotel emailed back thanking me for letting them know and just saying to give the reception his name when we checked in for fire regulations. There were no extra charges or anything.

You've actually reminded me that I need to let the hotel I'm staying at next week know that there's an extra person joining me, hopefully shouldn't be a problem as I've booked a two-bedded room!
becky2203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 14, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

The answer, in short, is definitely yes. A lot of hotels charge for a fourth individual, for a start. If you turn up and have only booked a room for three - and there are four of you- expect to be charged more (if that is the policy).

Also, heaven forbid, but one of the major reasons hotels need to know how many guests they are housing is that - in the case of fire, for instance- they need to know how many people are staying in the hotel, for obvious reasons. I'm pretty sure it's also a legal requirement.
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 14, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Slipperman
Trainee Dibber

We don't know how you 'booked' (travel company, direct to hotel).

The chances are you will not need to pay more. If there are two beds in the room the occupancy will (usually) be 4. But this does vary by age of people and location. In some places (e.g. some Vegas hotels, an adult starts at 13!) they may charge. Go direct to the hotel site to check.

Then ring the hotel(s) direct and explain the situation, even if there is an extra charge it may be waived.
Slipperman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Vegas hotels charge for 3/4th person in a room no matter how old they are, i've had to pay extra the last 3 years for my kids and the youngest was 8 the first time.

Rarely (the exception was Planet Hollywood last year) do people pay the same for 4 people as they do for 2 in Vegas.

I would definitely tell the hotels though for all the reasons that Diamond Dog points out.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
kasi
Getting Excited

Thanks for all the replies. I've booked 2 of the hotels through Booking.com and the rest through Expedia. I think I'll e-mail them just as a courtesy.

On another note, how loooooong does it take to get another half an ear?!?! I seem to have been stuck on 3 and a half for ages

Int Drive,2004-Sheraton 2005,Sher Safari 2006,Orlando/Sarasota 2007,Bahama Bay 2008,Lake Garda 2009,Tuscan Hills 2010,Tuscan Hills 2011, California Road trip 2012.NY,Orlando/Anna Maria Island 2013.CAL/Nevada/Arizona road trip 2014
kasi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread