Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 14 Jan 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L Beijing, Hong Kong and HK Disney Nov 2017 - Day 9 - HK Disney Hollywood Hotel

Day 9 – HK Disney Hollywood Hotel

We had a lie in and a lazy start, checking out of the hotel at 10.30. The walk to the station was pretty slow because of our wobbly suitcase (a wheel fell off during the walk to the HK hotel)! We got the metro fine and changed at Sunny Beach for the line to Disney. It was so exciting when the train turned up . Chris said he had anticipated that the train may be Disney themed so had his phone out ready to take a photo, but it hadn't really crossed my mind as I was too busy trying to wheel the dodgy suitcase I thought I was going to burst with excitement when I saw it .

It was the best train I think I have been on, it had sofas! I wouldn’t mind commuting to London on a train like this . We got to the Disney station and got on the bus to the hotels. We had ordered tickets for two days in Disney so were planning to spend the next two days in Disney to make the most of it. The tickets were part of the hotel deal, but were roughly £125 for both tickets for two days.

We got to the hotel about midday and checked in and left our suitcases at bell services, our room would be ready at 3. We looked around the hotel, it was amazing ! We originally hadn't planned to stay in a Disney hotel but after seeing an offer online, changed our mind and booked this hotel. We definitely didn't regret it!

I loved the lifts too.

Goofy was just wandering round which was really nice, he actually joined in playing with some kids at the play area.

We spent the afternoon by the pool which was lovely, we were the only ones by the pool and there were 3 lifeguards! We are both pretty strong swimmers so we found it pretty amusing! We spent time swimming and going down the slide 🙂. Originally we had thought we could drop off our bags and then visit the 360 cable cart as it is quite close to Disney but we did it earlier in the holiday instead (day 7 - dolphin watching). As the rest of the holiday had been pretty busy we were glad we had done this so we could spend a day relaxing!

We got our key at 3 and went and found our room we loved it! The room was big, the view was great and I loved looking round for all the hidden Mickeys.

View from our room.

Disney slippers 🙂

We decided we wanted to go to Chef Mickey that night so we booked a table for that night at 6pm. We hadn't planned to go but as soon as we saw the restaurant we changed our minds, they didn't have characters at this one (except during peak times) but we were very excited to try the buffet! We had skipping breakfast and only had some crisps for lunch so we were so hungry. We went to the counter service restaurant for a snack but it was closed.

All three of the Disney hotels were close together and they were connected by a pathway down by the waterfront. We walked along to look at the other two hotels, I loved them all! We grabbed a little snack too as I was so hungry I couldn’t wait until Chef Mickey, these were $28! We went back to our room and got ready for our dinner.

We had a voucher for $30 off each for the meal which we had been given at check in and a free soft drink for staying in the hotel. The restaurant was very quiet and we didn’t need to book but we had no idea what it would be like. We headed up to the buffet and wow! It was the best buffet we had ever seen, we didn't know where to start. We had done Chef Mickey for breakfast in Orlando but have never done a Disney dinner buffet.

We were in the buffet for two hours and certainly made the most of it! We could barely move by the end. We had so many plates each. The concentration, I was defeated by my last ice cream sundae. It was $810 in total and we definitely thought it was worth it.

We had to go for a walk after back along the waterfront to let some of the food go down! We then headed back to the room and watched Iron Man 2 which was on one of the channels and then went to bed.

Walled – 9 km

Edited at 10:31 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

What a fabulous hotel!

And the buffet - no wonder you were stuffed! So much choice!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
What a fabulous hotel!

And the buffet - no wonder you were stuffed! So much choice!
I have never seen a buffet like it! I didn't think I would need to eat the rest of the holiday
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

I love that even the train is Disney themed! Well done Chris for being prepared

the hotel and buffet look fantastic - reading this trippie may end up costing me a lot of money as I am seriously tempted to go now.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
I love that even the train is Disney themed! Well done Chris for being prepared

the hotel and buffet look fantastic - reading this trippie may end up costing me a lot of money as I am seriously tempted to go now.
Haha sorry! I think it was worth it though if that’s any consolation
Old 17 Jan 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
pink glitter
Getting Excited

Absolutely loving your trip report, looks like you had an amazing holiday x
pink glitter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
FairyMagic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Love, love the picture with the view from your room window, the pool, the palm trees, the mountains, lovely ...
FairyMagic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by pink glitter View Post
Absolutely loving your trip report, looks like you had an amazing holiday x
Thank you for reading, we had a lovely time
Old 17 Jan 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FairyMagic View Post
Love, love the picture with the view from your room window, the pool, the palm trees, the mountains, lovely ...
Thank you, we loved the room
Old 19 Jan 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Ahh Disney excitement! Chef Mickey's looks amazing xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List