Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Nov 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile Hong Kong hotel

Hoping to visit in June for my first time. Can anyone recommend the best area to stay which is central for tourist attractions.

I've had a look in general at hotels and most of them seem expensive. Can anyone recommend a hotel around £400/£500 for 5 nights. Am I being unrealistic?

Thanks
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Have a look on Expedia, booking.com or BA site for hotel only and then check the hotel website if you find one you like. Don't forget cashback sites too.

There are various offers at different times and for my dates there were some as low as £300 (stay 4 nights get one free etc) I can't help with area etc as we haven't been yet!

We are going in February and I have booked the Hotel Icon, in the end direct with the hotel as there were special offers on, but it was much more than your budget as we have decided to splash out and booked Club level.

Good luck!
Glee Fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

My recommendation is choosing a hotel which is close to an MRT station. We stayed at the Cordis in Kowloon - perhaps not as central as some but we found it ideal for us. It was attached to a large shopping mall (good for shopping/eating in the evenings) and on top of a station where we could access the whole of Hong Kong very quickly.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Kowloon, somewhere along Nathan Rd. Good bus route and subway to the centre, harbour ferry etc.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I had a great deal on Harbour Plaza North Point booked through BA holidays and it included buffet breakfast.
It’s not the fanciest hotel but the room was large and spotlessly clean, there was a fridge with free bottled water and staff were courteous.
The biggest draw was the location to the MTR station (Quarry Bay) which was opposite, it took about 20 minutes to get to Central.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sujester
Getting to know the DIBB

We stayed at two of the Butterfly hotels, with 2 nights on Wellington and 2 on on Prat (we stayed at Disney in between). Very clean, comfortable and friendly, although they are a bit no-frills (no restaurant, bar or pool) they were in good locations and I though they were great value. butterflyhk/eng/
Old 12 Nov 18, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

Following this thread as intending to book Hong Kong very soon.