Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 Aug 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I paid the 2 nights upgrade to club via my tesco vouchers, glad I didn't pay cash for it ! Breakfast was lacking, 1 little very slow toaster and everyone queueing for bagels and toast as the breakfast choice wasn't very appetizing. Didn't bother with lunch and the food offerings at dinner where nothing to shout about. Ended up having a couple of drinks and then out for food. Definitely don't think it is worth the extra cost
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
In all the club offerings you need to make use of the evening for any value and for both the breakfast is not what I would call a 4 star value, but maybe it is not meant to be (The RPR buffet breakfast downstairs is fab). Obviously the time slots for food in both are very restrictive and you need to plan to use them, devaluing them slightly.

The Poly is nice, but also not that good to be honest and costs twice the RPR , which also needs to be factored in. The club room in the Poly is obviously lovely for fireworks etc and they will serve you beer etc outside the 2 hour slot (I noticed lots of people asking at lunch and it was brought out to them, RPR will just say no ). Both nice, but not as good as some lounges I've stayed in over the years.

Interestingly we found the atmosphere of the RPR better than the poly and better value. But's lets be honest you stay in the poly for location location, location.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Disappointing to read several negative reviews about RPR Club.

We have a week booked here October/November and are really looking forward to our first Club Level experience.
Old 28 Aug 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post

We have a week booked here October/November and are really looking forward to our first Club Level experience.
As you will find from my earlier post, not everyone is deriding it. I had a great time, saved money and would most certainly book it again.
It is not something that you will get value out of ‘partly using’.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

We went two weeks ago and I liked it, we checked in and then went up for breakfast at 9:30am, then off to the park, came back at 4:15pm, had tea and then the food came out at 4:30pm, had wine, beer and soft drinks and had food, it was Asian night and then took wine and beer back to the room. Went out and wasn’t hungry in the evening so just had snack, I think we went for breakfast at 9am next morning. We took bottles of water to park. I found the staff friendly, polite and were always asking if there was anything else they could do. I’d looked at photos online, so knew what to expect food wise, the only thing that surprised me was that it was smaller than expected, but we always got a seat. Maybe we were just lucky with the times we went in
Old 28 Aug 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

We love club level at RPR, have stayed several times. You’ll probably find more people that enjoy it than don’t, but I guess they can’t get it right all of the time unfortunately. You’ve obviously weighed up the costs and the benefits and decided it’s worth it to you so I wouldn’t worry at all 😊
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
We love club level at RPR, have stayed several times. You’ll probably find more people that enjoy it than don’t, but I guess they can’t get it right all of the time unfortunately. You’ve obviously weighed up the costs and the benefits and decided it’s worth it to you so I wouldn’t worry at all 😊
Plus at the end of the day the hotel itself is great, the rooms are lovely and the other perks extremely useful.

Worst case scenario just ignore the lounge and focus on the other good points. Chalk it up as experience in what you like and don't like.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Sad to read this as we have stayed Club level at the RPR 3 times now and had a good experience each time.
We treat it as a free brekkie - not sure what people find lacking. I don’t like the American pastries, oatmeal and hot cinnamon rolls that are always there but there is fresh fruit, some cheeses and cold meat, boiled eggs, cereal, toast, bagels and all the preserves etc. OJ and AJ plus tea and coffee- what do people want?
We also don’t return at lunchtime as we’re in the parks but evenings is a beer and wine, plus we treat whatever hot food there is as an appetiser. We don’t treat the Club level as an “all inclusive option”, more of an add on to save spending on breakfasts and large meals out of the hotel.
Always found the staff to be friendly and helpful and never had a problem getting a seat or table?

I really would not pay top price for it though - this year we booked a standard (water view) room but kept checking the prices until one time we checked and the Club level rooms were LESS than what we were paying for standard, a really good reason to book with free cancellation. We cancelled the standard and rebooked the Club. Really worth doing this IMO

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Corky
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are here now at rpr club level. We have enjoyed the breakfast, not so much the pastries but cold meats, cheese and egg or yogurt, fruit and granola has been plenty to keep us going. Enjoyed most of the nighttime food as well, plentiful enough that when we have eaten at city walk we only tended to need to order appetisers for our meals.

However, we have found that the service from some staff to be a bit lacking. One example was yesterday we went in for afternoon snacks we said hello but didn't get a reply the family who came in 2 minutes behind us got a big friendly welcome.
Has been a few other similar incidents not enough to ruin our stay and we do feel we got our moneys worth with the food available (we did get club at a good price) but has made us feel a little unwelcome at times.
Corky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Photo of the Club Lounge uploaded by the RPR on facebook today.