Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Sep 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
allycat228
Apprentice Imagineer

I wouldn't necessarily get in touch with the rscpa as I'm sure I've heard that a couple of times they've put dogs down even though people were looking for them.

Get in touch with dog lost, they will send email out in your area plus the area the chip is saying he is from, also depending on what breed he is look on facebook for a breed rescue
allycat228 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What kind of breed is it. If it’s a pedigree you could post of the Facebook page for certain breeds. I know there are westie ones and people post often to say they have found one or if any are missing
Old 28 Sep 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by allycat228 View Post
I wouldn't necessarily get in touch with the rscpa as I'm sure I've heard that a couple of times they've put dogs down even though people were looking for them.

Get in touch with dog lost, they will send email out in your area plus the area the chip is saying he is from, also depending on what breed he is look on facebook for a breed rescue
Good advice, re the RSPCA:
It’s not so much that they put dogs down, they generally don’t want to know in my experience, especially if the animal has someone looking after it.
I have found the RSPCA to be completely useless when (working as a community nurse), I and colleagues had no luck in getting them to come and look at what we believed were suffering and neglected animals.
Will never give them a penny

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by JLH View Post
The vet wouldn’t give me the info because of data protection I believe - the dog warden will send a letter as phone not available and they have 28 days to respond. I just don’t understand why no one has reported him missing . If I lost my dog I would be straight onto the dog warden .
There’s a good chance he’s been dumped. There is a national site called something like Doglost, might be worth looking at if he’s not from your area
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Facebook is your friend, can you take a picture and post on the Dogs Lost site and also Dogs lost and found, many areas have their own lost and found sites.
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all , he is on all those sites even the pedigree ones. He has been groomed so looks loved - we took him to a different vets today in hope they may give us more information to go on and it has thrown some confusion over the original chip reading from previous vets . The new vet is going to call all chip companies on Monday to see if owners are traceable or not - she said he seems happy with us so better to stay with us if possible than go to kennels . Fingers crossed Monday brings positive results .
Old 28 Sep 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I agree with Abbysmum, in our area (Southampton) we have a lost and found pets page on Facebook which has proved invaluable to lots of pet owners (including myself).

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

What a lovely thing to do. Its odd that no one has posted their dog missing on FB. I am assuming that the chip will have some info on it that the owners would need to know to confirm they are genuine. Would be concerned to hand over the dog without proof - unfortunately there's some not such nice people out there
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

No advice I’m afraid but just wanted to say it’s lovely thing that you are looking after him in the meantime ❤️
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Please can I ask what area the dog was found my friends went missing Wednesday, Hertfordshire area, it’s a brown terrier type she’s been out every day searching to no avail.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List