Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Oct 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Help Please - Tokyo flights changed

Just woke up to an email saying my flight from Manchester to Düsseldorf next May has been cancelled.

Phoned ANA this morning and they’ve now booked me onto a flight a day earlier via Brussels, only problem is there’s only 1hr 5mins connection time now. Is this doable? The flight is at 21:10 so hopefully won’t be as busy in the airport compared to a morning flight - but I’m panicking now as never done a connecting flight before.

Also as I’ll be arriving a day earlier need a hotel for the night - would anyone recommend booking a Tokyo Disney Hotel and hopefully doing the after 6pm ticket and following day in DisneySea or would that be too tiring?

Any help/suggestions would be really appreciated
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I have flown through Brussels lots - it is quite a compact airport and if the flight is on time it should be ok. A rush but doable. However if the flight is late, it would be difficult. Is there an earlier flight you could take to Brussels?

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

We made a 1.5 hour connection in CDG with a full 15 mins to spare. Brussels is waaaay smaller. You have a through ticket so you wont need to collect luggage, that travels with you.

Tokyo disney partner hotels are great and on the monorail. We stopped in Okura bay, highly recommended by us. You can take the airport limousine bus service to the door.

Edited at 10:47 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

<<Also as I’ll be arriving a day earlier need a hotel for the night - would
<<anyone recommend booking a Tokyo Disney Hotel and hopefully doing
<<the after 6pm ticket and following day in DisneySea or would that be too tiring?

We have a lot in common - we flew ANA to Haneda, but from Heathrow

We caught the limo bus to Hilton Tokyo Bay and bought the after 6pm ticket and lasted until 10pm closing time in Disneyland - but we had some great snoozing (5 or 6 hours worth on the plane) on the overnight flight from Heathrow. We did the next day in Sea and were fine, but think the snoozing on the plane had been key.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the responses guys it’s really helped put my mind at ease. Apparently as we’re arriving from a non schengen country and are going to a non schengen country both arrive and depart from pier B so should be a quickish walk and only have to go through security. (Have watched a YouTube vid lol)
Have a few months to make sure my powerwalking speed increases 😜
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
<<Also as I’ll be arriving a day earlier need a hotel for the night - would
<<anyone recommend booking a Tokyo Disney Hotel and hopefully doing
<<the after 6pm ticket and following day in DisneySea or would that be too tiring?

We have a lot in common - we flew ANA to Haneda, but from Heathrow

We caught the limo bus to Hilton Tokyo Bay and bought the after 6pm ticket and lasted until 10pm closing time in Disneyland - but we had some great snoozing (5 or 6 hours worth on the plane) on the overnight flight from Heathrow. We did the next day in Sea and were fine, but think the snoozing on the plane had been key.
Hopefully we’ll get to sleep as well 😄
We arrive at 15:40 so not sure if we’ll make Disney on the first day - depends on how long it takes in airport (will be prepared with all required info for customs forms) so hopefully that won’t take as long then getting limo bus which is supposed to take about 1.5hrs. Will just play it by ear when we arrive. If not I’m tempted to add the Disney stay at the end of the trip as we’ve gained a day...decisions, decisions 😄