Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Oct 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Our first experience at Olive Garden was excellent & we did not feel rushed at all.

Our 2nd experience was not great - our entrees came out before our appetisers & it was all cold before we could finish.

Really disappointing.

I think I'll take others advice about ordering one course at a time.
Old 18 Oct 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Thanks Everyone some great advice on here which we have followed and had a much better experience since. Thank You.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Found the service appalling in some restaurants this year, really struggled with my conscience to leave a tip on some occasions.

Although we mostly had a great experience at Millers, we had ordered mains only on our last visit, we were half way through and waitress came over to ask if we wanted desserts, we said probably not, she replied ‘thought so’ and promptly laid the bill on the table! No offer of refills or asking if we wanted another beer. We then heard her say to another diner that she was finishing her shift, and he gave her a tip in cash there and then, so we guessed that she wanted to make sure we paid before she left, to secure her tip. She was wrong!

Felt so rushed, I dont think we spent any longer than an hour in any restaurant during our three week trip, although we don’t like to ponder too long anyway.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

We’ve been rushed out of 50s Prime Time and Boma in the past so it’s not exclusive to a particular type of dining. We always dress appropriately behave well and enjoy the atmosphere however there is no excuse for bad service from the “ servers”. There’s really no need to ridicule them for trying to enjoy their dining experience and a break from the theme parks. It’s got to the point for me that unless we go into GE in DHS I doubt we will eat in there these days unless it’s a counter service meal and the menus have updated in there. Honestly we had better service at Denny’s at the Crossroads and their food was better priced and the wait staff were a league above some of the places on property.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post

I don’t mind getting the bill early. I have never taken it as a sign that I need to hurry up. I also don’t mind plates being cleared by diner. However I hate too fast service and not having gaps. At Hollywood Brown Derby, we told the server that we wanted gaps and would let him know when we were ready for our main. All good but then less than a minute after placing our order the starters arrived, we could not believe it! We didn’t even have bread or the drinks in that time. We sent them back.

https://dibb.in/14077044
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

It's a foreign country folks, with a different culture for dining.
Old 21 Oct 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
It's a foreign country folks, with a different culture for dining.
Exactly. Americans probably moan about how slow everything is in restaurants here, having to catch the server's eye to ask for the bill etc.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Another thing Americas don't like is the amount of ICE we put in soft drinks, they expect a glass to be half full of Ice, where as we feel ripped off with loads of ice as we don't as a rule get free refills.
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic mouse1
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Another thing Americas don't like is the amount of ICE we put in soft drinks, they expect a glass to be half full of Ice, where as we feel ripped off with loads of ice as we don't as a rule get free refills.
Hi in the uk draught soft drinks are sold in ounces ,so medium coke is 14 ounces and large is 18 ounces.so if you order a pint of coke and you don’t want ice the glass will not be full as a pint glass is 20 ounces which leaves room for the ice.
A pint or half pint is only a measure for beer larger and milk.
If you go to McDonald’s or the cinema you get med or large drinks.
Some reason everybody in uk does not seem to know this, I work in a pub restaurant and have to explain this to lots of guests.
You only pay for what you order.
Magic mouse1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Last month I was asked at a few places if I wanted ice when ordering drinks, obviously the British accent. I always said no and had full cups.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List