Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Mar 12, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
torillien
VIP Dibber

torillien's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
ice bucket in the bathroom sink .. at least that is what we did in June last year

worked a treat ... especially as it was SO hot .. its a shame you don't get a little fridge in the DLP hotels ...
middle-aged-magic.co.uk
torillien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 12, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
how will you keep the cans cold when you get them back to the hotel though? Theres nothing worse than warm coke!
I would probably buy bottled water - it was just in the trip report I read here that a can of coke was 3.30 Euros! I'm assuming bottled water would be similar price?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 12, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
You can buy cordial in supermarkets. Teissiere is a good brand. It's called sirop.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 12, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aliscrapper View Post
I would probably buy bottled water - it was just in the trip report I read here that a can of coke was 3.30 Euros! I'm assuming bottled water would be similar price?
there are free drinking water fountains inside both parks.
also the Relay convenience store/newsagent inside the entrance to the train station at DLP sells soft drinks/water cheaper than inside the parks. And of course you have the filling station outside the gates of the Santa Fe.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 12, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by torillien View Post
ice bucket in the bathroom sink .. at least that is what we did in June last year

worked a treat ... especially as it was SO hot .. its a shame you don't get a little fridge in the DLP hotels ...
Great idea!
Old 4 Mar 12, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
there are free drinking water fountains inside both parks.

I'm not able to drink the French water from the tap; as it always upsets my stomach. My Aunt who is English lives in France and she has to drink bottled water for the same reason unfortunately

also the Relay convenience store/newsagent inside the entrance to the train station at DLP sells soft drinks/water cheaper than inside the parks. And of course you have the filling station outside the gates of the Santa Fe.
Am assuming that the hypermarket is still cheaper tho?

Edited at 12:05 AM.
Old 4 Mar 12, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

yes probably Ali, you'd have your RER fares to add in to the cost, that would be about 1.80 euros each, single fare.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 12, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Ebony
Imagineer

Ebony's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Not stayed in NPB but I think it is the standard European hotel breakfast - rolls, croissants, ham, cheese, jam, fruit, cereals, yoghurt, toast.
Originally Posted by Mrs Pluto View Post
I stayed there a few years ago, but i do remember it being the same as the SL Santa fe. Rolls Ham and Cheese etc as Gill stated
But its all very nice, and filling.

I have a character breakfast one morning, where there is a hot choice of food on selection to.
I cant remember if im right in reading its £13 euros per adult to upgrade to cafe Mickey.
Thankyou, it seems like a good enough choice for everyone to fill up on. We will probably go by Eurostar, so will take drinks and snacks with us.
Thanks for the heads up on upgrading to the Character Breakfast, that is something to consider doing - We have enjoyed doing them at WDW .
WDW 1998 and once or twice most years since. DW 2005; DLP1993. CRUISES:- Disney- Magic Caribbean 2008/11, Med'10, WBTA 2010/11; Disney Wonder Panama 2013 & 2017] Other Ships - Ncl Jade & Epic; P&O Azura, MSC Divina, Thomson x2, Princess x4,
2019:- Cruises on Hal Statendam April 2wks, DCL Fantasy Sept 2wks. 2020 July-Celebrity Millenium 2wks
Ebony is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 12, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
You can buy cordial in supermarkets. Teissiere is a good brand. It's called sirop.
Thanks Gill i will a note of that brand
Thanks again
mojo.121 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 12, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Also, might be worth knowing that most french cordials come in large tins with a plastic cap. Blackcurrant juice (like Ribena) is called cassis. Make sure you get it in the soft drink aisle though, they do a fab one thats alcoholic which is great added to lager! (that type comes in a bottle and is about 16% proof so not good for the kids).

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread