Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Don’t know where to start!

Okay, so my daughter who is 14 wants to do all the Disney’s! We are doing Florida this year and go there a lot, however, next year would like to try Tokyo... I have a few questions so bear with me.
1) I can’t find a package ANYWHERE so where do I begin to look? Is it massively expensive? We will be going from Man.
2) Some hotels say guaranteed entry so is it not like Florida where you buy tickets before you go?
3) How long do we need there as the flight says 13 hours away 😱
4) Is it possible to do Disney and Universal and if so how? I’ve looked at distance and it says around 4 hours away.
5) Which is a quiet time to go? Not restricted to dates.
So sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance! X
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Go read TDR Explorer website as it talks about many things you ask about, such as when to come visit.

But a few things from me:

2) There are times during the year when the parks reach capacity and they stop people going in. Certain hotels (all Disney ones and the Good Neighbour ones like the Sheraton and Hilton at Tokyo Bay (who are across the road from the park)) sell tickets that guarantee entry no matter how busy it gets. Weekends and public holidays are best avoided if at all possible. You can buy tickets before you go but you save nothing so suggest buy them there from hotel, Disney stores etc.
However if not staying at one of the hotels above, buy them before you go to parks to save valuable time in queues when you should be in the parks !

3) What do you want to do in Japan apart from the parks, or is it only the parks? I go in May and only want to do the 2 Disney parks and Tokyo - going for 9 nights, well 8 as we loose one travelling!

5) early / middle May is when I choose to go, the time just after Golden Week (which is the biggest public holiday in Japan) so after that is a quieter time to go, as the Japanese have all gone back to work mostly! Weather should be spring / warm before the rainy season starts the following month. Autumn is supposed to be nice too , but did not research that. Avoid summer as heat / humidity is brutal.

Please more questions as folks here have been soooooo helpful.

YouTube folks that I have followed include “thisNatasha” who goes to Tokyo parks often, and I like parts where she goes round Tokyo city.

TDR Explorer YT channel is great too, and he goes to Universal too.
He has published 2 ebooks about Disney / tips for Japan (that I have) and just released one for Universal Japan.

Edited at 09:03 PM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you! I will have a look! I’d like to do other touristy things as well as it’s a long way to go just for 2/3 days in a park. I just have no idea on price etc but will def look x
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

If you want to see traditional Japan then others will have to help you, we are more about the modern city. We want to see quirky / interesting buildings in the modern mega city.

However, apart from the flights and hotels, nothing is set in concrete yet, and we could cancel the hotels if we wanted to change
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi, my daughter is in Tokyo now. She is staying in Tokyo-Kyoto- Osaka-Tokyo. Visiting Universal, Disney, historic sites (lots of shops). 2 useful tips - you can rent WiFi devices - collect at the airport & you can forward luggage to your next hotel for a reasonable cost. You leave it at your hotel reception & it magically appears at your next hotel
( hopefully) she hasn’t moved on yet! She dropped her case off at the airport after Customs, train to her Tokyo hotel. Checked in at 3pm & her suitcase arrived at 5pm. So much easier, if you’re travelling by train.

Also, your daughter might love the Maid Cafe & the Robot Cafe. Crazy looking places but fun?

There are some really good Trip Reports on here too, full of useful info.

Happy Planning!
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you! I will have a look! X
Old 17 Sep 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

Trip reports
I read Geoffa and Soarin Fan first

I then did 2 myself

Then YouTube vids for 9 months
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Ok so I’ve done some further research. The Hilton is looking most likely but I’m having to look at the hotel and flights separately as can’t seem to find a package. It says that it is about 140 in a taxi from airport to hotel and there is no way I’m willing to pay that. 😂. Are trains or buses super easy? And are they totally safe? I’m too used to package holidays! I’m getting a headache already! X
Old 17 Sep 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

Airport limousine bus
As for safe I don’t think there is a safer country in the world
When you get there you will see what I mean
The words safe, polite , courteous are japan , they make Disney look rude!
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kevin_cambs_uk View Post
Airport limousine bus
As for safe I don’t think there is a safer country in the world
When you get there you will see what I mean
The words safe, polite , courteous are japan , they make Disney look rude!
That’s good to know! Is the airport limousine bus direct and regular? And is it reasonably priced? X