Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Just to point out that water actually means fluid, so tea and coffee do count but balance it against the diuretic. Same goes for squash and fizzy drinks.

A change in bowel habit should be observed and checked out but twice a week is normal for some people.
It also includes water from foods. The original research is misquoted as it is about 8 glasses per day equivalent of fluid from food or drink.
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Coconut oil. Eat a tablespoon every day. Good for your heart and skin, too
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
If you're eating a healthy diet, you will have very little 'waste' as you will use everything you're taking on board.

Constipation is very uncomfortable. Doesn't sound like you have symptoms of constipation though?
A healthy diet contains a lot of fibre which is a "bulking agent". Does this not increase "waste"

Edited at 11:11 AM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

OP. I think if you are concerned, maybe your GP would be able to put your mind at rest.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Have you looked at the Bristol Stool chart? Being uncomfortable and bloated isn't something you need to suffer with. Maybe keep a food diary and visit your GP.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

If bloating is a new symptom and is persistent then check with your Gp.
Old 14 Oct 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I have fruit & fibre for breakfast, drink a lot of water, eat lots of fruit & do lots of running & walking too, this makes me go very regularly
Do have a lot of CAKE too 🤣🤣
Ps your diet seems very healthy to me, strange that you’ve always been like this then 🤔

Edited at 12:43 PM.
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Coffee?
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
A healthy diet contains a lot of fibre which is a "bulking agent". Does this not increase "waste"
I think it depends on how much fibre you consume. You also need to take calories into consideration. The OP said they ate bran flakes, but then mainly just fruit, veg and meat or fish. This will not produce as much waste as someone who is scoffing biscuits, crisps, cheese and Maccy Ds! From a personal perspective, I know that if I'm following a healthy diet; yoghurt & fruit for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch and a decent healthy dinner, this produces way less 'waste' than when I'm on holiday and maybe eating greasy bacon sarnies, pizza for lunch and steak and onion rings for dinner (not to mention wine and beer)...

If increasing fluid intake doesn't help, I would definitely pay a visit to the GP. Any change in bowel habits should be taken seriously. I do believe, however, that the OP said this wasn't a new problem. Laxido and Movicol may also help, both available over the counter I believe.
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My dd aged 9 ended up with Fecal impaction and was in hospital for a enema! Watermelon, Hummus and fruit plus lots of water and fluids have helped her loads and she’s been ok ever since.

Edited at 05:02 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List