Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Very stressful day!

My daughter had a mole removed from her leg 10 days ago and had 3 stitches. The wound was weeping on Friday so I took her to the doctors and she was prescribed 500mg antibiotics 4 times a day. The doctor said the stitches could do with coming out to release any pus but he did not have the equipment so to ring the district nurse Monday (today) or Tuesday (tomorrow) .
My daughter has been in pain with it all weekend and her bloods have been running very high. I checked it this morning and it quadrupled in size, full of pus, red & swollen plus her bloods were off the scale. We went to A&E and she was put on two drips, the stitches were removed and she has had her antibiotics doubled.
The doctor said that the infection had been sewn into the cut and caused an abscess under the stitches so nothing we could have done to prevent it happening.
We now need to keep a close eye on it. It’s now a huge wound that will scar badly and because she is diabetic they said it will take a long time to heal.
We received an email yesterday regarding an issue with our villa which I was hoping to sort out today but not had chance. So all in all a very stressful day.
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

That sounds awful! Really hope things start looking up and your daughter is feeling better soon!
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

That sounds awful. I hope she recovers quickly
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimers2018
Getting Excited

Mobile

So sorry to read this. I do hope your daughter starts to recover with the new meds. Hope you sort out villa too. sending you a BIG hug.
Firsttimers2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Your poor daughter that sounds terrible bless her, really hope she's feeling better too and you less stressed x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Your poor daughter sending hugs
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Your poor daughter! And poor you.. how upsetting. I really hope dd picks up soon. Also hope your villa issue is sorted quickly .. you certainly could do without additional worries!
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

That is horrific, hopefully your daughter will heal quickly now.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Your poor daughter. Hopefully the meds will sort it out. You didn't need villa problems on top of this. Hope you get sorted soon. X
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh dear I wish your daughter well, sorry to hear this.
My daughter had a mole off her forehead a few weeks back. NHS said they'd cut it off. I did some research and discovered you can get them lasered off privately. Why the NHS don't offer this I don't know as after the machine is bought, the cost must be a fraction. I watched it being done (£250 I think it was) and they zapped it off in 2 minutes- it literally went up in smoke. Because it also cauterises the wound, there's no blood or infection, or stitches. Why the plastic surgeon at the NHS didn't tell us about this I have no idea. Not all moles can be done this way, but I was pretty unhappy the NHS are not even suggesting this treatment as an option.
Hope your daughter recovers quickly.