Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Oct 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Lol I can’t disagree but I guess I am more likely to grow old disgracefully 😆
Indeed, definitely me too but my skin won’t 😂
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Sunblock is your friend.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
I'm using the Lacura Miracle cream at the moment, and its the best thing I've ever tried. My skin is so much softer and looks firmer. I'm not very lined at all, but I have swapped from the more expensive brands and go to Aldi for most of my skin care now.
Pamperedwolf on you tube has great retinol instructions.

I don't ever intend to Botox my face.
Me too! I buy almost all my skincare in Aldi now and I love it! Saved a fortune too 😂
As for the retinol, I bought the one from the ordinary (was cheap) but haven't stuck with using it. I know a couple of woman who love it and they both have very good skin.
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

I really need tips too as have noticed lately that my skin is looking very old, especially round eyes where I have developed more lines.

I have used No7 for years but it's not really working for me any more and I am in danger of spending loads of money, as I have in the past but I've never found anything that my skin gets on with that well.

Liking the look of the cream from Aldi but I never go near Aldis so I guess I would have to buy from Amazon or something. I have some boots points so was going to go get some loreal revitalift eye cream which has good reviews.

I am honestly sick of spending money on things that are no good!
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lu Lu View Post
I really need tips too as have noticed lately that my skin is looking very old, especially round eyes where I have developed more lines.

I have used No7 for years but it's not really working for me any more and I am in danger of spending loads of money, as I have in the past but I've never found anything that my skin gets on with that well.

Liking the look of the cream from Aldi but I never go near Aldis so I guess I would have to buy from Amazon or something. I have some boots points so was going to go get some loreal revitalift eye cream which has good reviews.

I am honestly sick of spending money on things that are no good!
You can order from Aldi online, and they deliver 😄
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigerfee View Post
You can order from Aldi online, and they deliver 😄
OMG I didn't know that! Will be having a browse later...
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lu Lu View Post
OMG I didn't know that! Will be having a browse later...
We have three in town now, latest one opens tomorrow! Get the miracle cream! It really is good. Nighttime only, it’s very rich. £3.99!
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I think genetics plays a huge part. My Nan always told me not to "waste" my money on expensive creams. She had beautiful skin but she had never smoked either which also plays a big part in the ageing process.

I'm 40 next year and I'm just using a cheap Nivea cream at the moment. I've tried various creams that all claim to do this and that but I can't say I've noticed any difference in any of them to be honest. I think a lot of it is marketing nonsense.
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I do agree that genetics play a huge part.
Luckily I take after my dad who always looked young for his age, sadly passed at 64 though.
My mum however smokes & drinks coffee, tea or wine so her skin is certainly not the best (she would kill me if she knew I’d written that lol)
It’s just the past 12 months I have noticed that my skin is not as supple as it used to be so I would rather be preventing any further damage
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I think genetics plays a huge part. My Nan always told me not to "waste" my money on expensive creams. She had beautiful skin but she had never smoked either which also plays a big part in the ageing process.

I'm 40 next year and I'm just using a cheap Nivea cream at the moment. I've tried various creams that all claim to do this and that but I can't say I've noticed any difference in any of them to be honest. I think a lot of it is marketing nonsense.
I agree genetics plays a huge part, my sister who is 52 has great skin and she has only ever used soap and water
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List