Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Feb 14, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
The ride you change to must be in the same tier as the one you had already booked - it will only show these as options for you

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Yes you can absolutely change it even though you are within the timeslot. We found that trying to change the experience often brought up no results because the FP for the current time may have been fully issued - if you change the time FIRST of your current ride, you can then easily change the attraction once you have a new time. It was very quick to do and we never had a problem.
The system can sound quite complicated and time consuming, but in practice it is really simple and there are lots of cms around to help if you DO have an issue.
By adopting this practice, we found that 3 per day was more than enough - on some days we didn't really need all 3!
Yes but were you an onsiter? Offsiters would turn up at a ride, see the standby line was small, then have go and find a kiosk (possibly with another line) to make the changes, then go back to the ride?

I'm playing devil's advocate here, because really I think it will be okay, and if I have 1 or 2 wasted fastpasses it's not the end of the world as it probably means the parks aren't that busy.
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by Hollytigs View Post
Yes but were you an onsiter? Offsiters would turn up at a ride, see the standby line was small, then have go and find a kiosk (possibly with another line) to make the changes, then go back to the ride?

I'm playing devil's advocate here, because really I think it will be okay, and if I have 1 or 2 wasted fastpasses it's not the end of the world as it probably means the parks aren't that busy.
Yes we were, but at the time there were very few kisoks (I understand there are more now) but LOTS of cms at each ride with iPads so not a problem!
I do genuinely think that it;s only a matter of time before everyone can make changes via the app - they won't want to tie up extra cm resource indefinitely manning the kiosks if they dont need to!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sueh6
Imagineer

sueh6's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
So, with the new FP+ system, you could do the following...

Pre-book FP+s for ToT and TSM and choose late morning times. Then get there for rope drop, jump on standby for TSM (no queue), R&RC in standby (no queue), maybe reride either of those two (little queue), jump in standby queue for ToT (little queue), use your FP+ for ToT, do some other rides/attractions with short waits, use your FP+ for TSM. Have lunch.

That's pretty much the same as what you used to do in a slightly different order. Plus you'll have another FP+ that you can use (eg. for Star Tours).
You're absolutely right - If I have a broad range of FP return times then I can fit everything in - that's why I've constantly said that I really hope that my concerns aren't valid.

But you and I know that after several discussions you and I have had about this that until I've encountered it, at Easter, I won't say that it's a totally positive move on Disney's part for me and my party. Everyone has opinions, some have concerns too and they will only be addressed by experiencing it themselves or hearing from others who have been and advise that it works well.

When I return in May I will give a complete report of our experience be it good, bad or both.

'Life is not about the number of breaths you take, rather the number of moments that take your breath away' 1999 - Grosvenor Resort 2004 - Lake Berkley Townhouse 2006 - Lake Berkley Villa & HRH 2008 - POR & RPR 2011 - OKW, HRH & HGVC International Drive 2012 - HGVC Seaworld & Royal Pacific Club Level
sueh6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We went at Christmas and it worked really well.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Yes we were, but at the time there were very few kisoks (I understand there are more now) but LOTS of cms at each ride with iPads so not a problem!
I do genuinely think that it;s only a matter of time before everyone can make changes via the app - they won't want to tie up extra cm resource indefinitely manning the kiosks if they dont need to!
The fast pass entrance computers can change them for you too if you ask nicely!

The CM next to it, not the actual computer. That might be coming too but don't quote me
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

Good to know that you don't necessarily have to find a kiosk to make changes. This might work quite well for me then!
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

Originally Posted by leafy View Post
Not been one to join in too much on the forums,but just have spent a week @ Disney using fastpass + and we hated it. Yes you can book 3 fastpasses in advance for each day, but you can only choose 1 from tier 1 and then two others (at MK all rides are tier 1) and that's it - if you park hop you cannot get any for the second park! You could easily go to a ride to find the wait is only 10 mins on standby and you "wasted" your fastpass. In the past we would go to our favourite rides and see what the wait was and then FP one and maybe stand-by on another. All that flexibility is gone. We spoke to some cast members who obviously have had a lot of people saying the same, their defence was at times very weak and that the system would be tweaked as time passes. My Wife who is usually very calm about things like this also thought it was awful too, so I know it must be bad. Fastpass minus for me.
Originally Posted by mrliam View Post
If you're staying onsite and see your chosen FP+ is only a 20 minute wait, you can change it there and then.

Why shouldn't on-site guests get perks?
This must be a record for the fastest escalation to a normal comment on FP+ becoming a them and us debate 2 minutes!
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Friday'sChild
Imagineer

Friday'sChild's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mouse mess View Post
We haven't used it yet, but really don't like the sound of it!

Why invest all this extra money in changing a system that worked pretty well? To me it is nearly all negatives:

I must admit to being a little dubious myself, especially as we go August but trying to keep positive.

I think that Disney were pretty much forced into this move because of the massive misuse of the Disabled Assistance card the problem was highlighted on American TV where a woman was boasting that she hired a disabled person every visit so that her precious daughter didn't have to queue at any of the rides Disney were embarrassed into doing something and this is the consequence

That is only my view of course, but now its here, we have to try to get our heads around it and hope that it works for us

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7748_13.gif
Friday'sChild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by Friday'sChild View Post
I must admit to being a little dubious myself, especially as we go August but trying to keep positive.

I think that Disney were pretty much forced into this move because of the massive misuse of the Disabled Assistance card the problem was highlighted on American TV where a woman was boasting that she hired a disabled person every visit so that her precious daughter didn't have to queue at any of the rides Disney were embarrassed into doing something and this is the consequence

That is only my view of course, but now its here, we have to try to get our heads around it and hope that it works for us
Fastpass +, which is what this thread is about, has nothing to do with the new Disabled Assistance card